DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro can see obstacles even when there are no obstacles at all!

Egor

Reactions
First time it happened in winter in s-mode and the second time it was yesterday in s-mode. All sensors are working properly! How to avoid it?

Reactions: Slade
First time it happened in winter in s-mode and the second time it was yesterday in s-mode. All sensors are working properly! How to avoid it?

Sorry not in s mode but in p mode

Does OA work in Sports mode ? Think that what you mean by s-mode.
Were you flying into the sun ?

Ah, it was p-mode, so yeah sun ?
That is famous for setting off OA.
If it happens, change direction to fly or 'crab' manually . . . another option is home or course lock.

Was it facing the Sun by any chance? There are lots of reports of sensors being triggered when the Mavic faces the Sun, as that overloads the visual sensors and makes it stop.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
All OA is working on p mode and it wasn’t sunny

Okaaay.
Winter.
Where abouts ?
Maybe very strong glare of snow or that white out brightness could do same thing ?

Other than that, if sensors are clean and it hasn't been an issue before something may have affected those of the aircraft systems to do with OA.

It happened over the forest at the “electric lines”

I was having the same problem with my Mavic 2 and people on this forum recommended calibrating the sensors. I did and have not had any further issues with it stopping midflight.

Reactions: Madmax229

That’s new to me, but then everything with a Mavic is new. I took my MP up for a short maiden flight, yawed the camera to face me, and alerts sounded warning of an obstacle. I’ve been called many things in my 73 years, but being called an obstacle is a first.

Same thing happened to us last weekend flying a Mavic 1 Pro over the SF Bay. We attributed it to a wisp of haze not visible from where we were standing (there were other wisps of haze we COULD see). Switching to Sport Mode didn't work, since we hadn't enabled multiple flight modes. So we did a 180 and backed away for about 50'. Then we did another 180 and we were OK.

It happened over the forest at the “electric lines”
OOOOOKaaaay! - What's this about 'Electric Lines'??? Don't you think they can be seen as an obstacle???
Are you flying; under / over / beside / to / from - these lines ... ???

OOOOOKaaaay! - What's this about 'Electric Lines'??? Don't you think they can be seen as an obstacle???
Are you flying; under / over / beside / to / from - these lines ... ???

I was flying 15 meters higher than the electric lines

Mavic found obstacles when there were no electric lines near Mavic

Exactly what indications / error messages were you given on Go4???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalrush