DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Pro Combo just shipped !!

David Callahan

Reactions
I am a total newbie to UAVs, recently retired, and just received confirmation that my Mavic Pro was shipped from DJI in China (FEDEX doesn't locate the tracking number yet, so it may be a week before I see it). I am looking for any Mavic Pro pilot located near Melbourne, Florida, to contact for advice and training while I navigate through all the firmware updates, software updates, accessories, etc., while I prepare for the first test flight. Anyone interested in helping me ensure I don't do something stupid and have to review my DJI Care Refresh options?
Dave

You'll most likely receive it within 3-4 business days. DJI ships from China very quickly.

That would be nice, but I'm nowhere near ready for it - read tons of PDFs, manuals, reviews, videos, etc., before I ordered it. I expect LOTS more 'ground school' work before I actually try to lift off ;o)

That would be nice, but I'm nowhere near ready for it - read tons of PDFs, manuals, reviews, videos, etc., before I ordered it. I expect LOTS more 'ground school' work before I actually try to lift off ;o)
The darn thing nearly flies itself. I do understand your reservations as I had them myself after crashing many unstable inexpensive quadcopters. I would say since you have read the manual, Etc, simply put it into beginner mode and you will have no problem getting comfortable very fast. Marty

I was counting on it being easy, but I am still going to be extremely careful and well prepared before my first flight. I am hoping there's someone close to me that I can observe and talk with, maybe I should include all of Florida pilots? I can travel as needed, no problem [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MavicPilots mobile app

I was counting on it being easy, but I am still going to be extremely careful and well prepared before my first flight. I am hoping there's someone close to me that I can observe and talk with, maybe I should include all of Florida pilots? I can travel as needed, no problem [emoji38]
I'll be in Boynton Beach Feb. 16 and 17 but don't think I'll have a lot of time as we are visiting friends. Sorry.
Marty
PS. Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I can assure you using beginner mode there's little chance of a problem.

Thanks, Marty! I'll remember to stay in Beginners Mode after I run out of tests and activities I can do before actually flying it ;o)

Waiting on mine as well. I definitely plan on staying in beginners mode for a while, as well practicing on the simulator..hopefully it will be a decent representation of the MP. Safe flying!

Hey Dave, If you would be willing to drive down to Stuart I could give you a training session if you want. Send me a PM if interested

Waiting on mine as well. I definitely plan on staying in beginners mode for a while, as well practicing on the simulator..hopefully it will be a decent representation of the MP. Safe flying!
Simulator? How do I get one of THOSE? I haven't tried downloading any software yet, just manuals etc., so point me to it, please?

Hey Dave, If you would be willing to drive down to Stuart I could give you a training session if you want. Send me a PM if interested
You bet !! I tried starting a Conversation with you and sent my contact info, so let me know....

It's actually a feature with dji drones...need the drone to do it though.

Flight Simulator ?
Yeah, that figures ;o) I will add that 'simulator' to the long list of things I need to upgrade/download/experiment with when I actually have eyes on the product. I have budgeted 3 days for 'ground school' after it arrives, thanks !!

Another good option is to get a small indoor drone and practice with that. For $30 you can have yourself a good tool for training that muscle memory which sticks control roll, pitch, yaw and throttle. I like the Hubsan x4 Amazon.com: Hubsan X4 (H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter, Black: Toys & Games
Yep, I have one SYMAtoys quad with camera that I got last Christmas - been flying every day in my front yard until a gear problem with one of the rotors(parts on order). I also have (2) little Minis, one I just got hooked up with a camera, for flying indoors, and waiting on my first FPV Goggles from China. The minis are such fun I had to order 2 more for my brother and dad, with about 10 batteries. Good advice, and I practice every day ;o)

Reactions: DustyVisor
Reactions: DustyVisor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661