DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro crashed :(

That makes sense.
i have done some tests with the motor measuring the ac output volts when spinning it , they are the same across all phase , also same when compared to a good motor , . i also checked the resistance with a milliohm meter the windings seemed ok . Would the esc shut down the motor if it got too hot for example ? i would have expected a current warning of some kind if this were the case..

i have done some tests with the motor measuring the ac output volts when spinning it , they are the same across all phase , also same when compared to a good motor , . i also checked the resistance with a milliohm meter the windings seemed ok . Would the esc shut down the motor if it got too hot for example ? i would have expected a current warning of some kind if this were the case..

I would have expected that too. I looked at the ESC temperatures - those were all comparable. If the motor checks out then I guess it had to be an ESC failure - that would account for the current dropping to zero. I'm not sure where the motor voltage is measured so I can't really say if it is consistent with that.

Reactions: Moss99
I would have expected that too. I looked at the ESC temperatures - those were all comparable. If the motor checks out then I guess it had to be an ESC failure - that would account for the current dropping to zero. I'm not sure where the motor voltage is measured so I can't really say if it is consistent with that.
I will change esc board too then to be safe ..

Wouldn't the current drop to zero if the the motor was physically stopped, hitting something maybe , that would account for the motor obstruction message .

Wouldn't the current drop to zero if the the motor was physically stopped, hitting something maybe , that would account for the motor obstruction message .

Typically a motor winding has low resistance and the current is limited during operation by the back EMF generated by its rotation. If you stop the motor the back EMF drops to zero and so the current goes high.

I see , its all pointing to the esc then . its very interesting all this stored data .. is all the extra info buried in the code and hard to get ?

I see , its all pointing to the esc then . its very interesting all this stored data .. is all the extra info buried in the code and hard to get ?

It's in the aircraft DAT file. A smaller subset is in the mobile device DAT file, and less again in the txt log.

Reactions: Moss99

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000