DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My mavic pro crashed :(

Moss99

Reactions
Hi , i was flying last yesterday evening (still daylight) all was going well , i was in sport mode coming towards me when suddenly got a motor obstruction warning , then it started spiraling out of control and crashed ,,,, gimbal and camera i think destroyed 2 front arms both broken .. not amused .. :(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Hi , i was flying last night all was going well , i was in sport mode coming towards me when suddenly got a motor obstruction warning , then it started spiraling out of control and crashed ,,,, gimbal and camera i think destroyed 2 front arms both broken .. not amused .. :(:(
I am sorry your drone crashed, that is a drag.

"Sport mode at night". I might do one or the other, but not both at the same time. You sure nothing came in contact with your propellers like a bird? Would be hard to see during the day, but next to impossible at night. You'll need to upload your flight data if you want our experts to examine it for you.

"Sport mode at night". I might do one or the other, but not both at the same time. You sure nothing came in contact with your propellers like a bird? Would be hard to see during the day, but next to impossible at night. You'll need to upload your flight data if you want our experts to examine it for you.
Sorry , last night around 8:30 pm , still very much day light .

I have had a few very close calls with birds . I only did one flight while it was dark and coming down at about 60 feet 2 bats started buzzing it . I thought it was going to end badly but I got a damage free landing and did not go back up

Sorry about your crash. You almost certainly hit something... likely a bird.
I did think that was a possibility , one of the motors does seem to be a bit tighter to spin than the others , possibly due to the impact and one prop looked like this . again probably due to the impact.
Photo 26-07-2018, 7 40 45 pm (1).jpg

Hi , i was flying last night all was going well , i was in sport mode coming towards me when suddenly got a motor obstruction warning , then it started spiraling out of control and crashed ,,,, gimbal and camera i think destroyed 2 front arms both broken .. not amused .. :(:(

Do you have State Farm or Refresh? Im the resident ambulance chaser. j/k

I’m kind of thinking if my poor little Mavic pro had a run-in with a Canadian goose , we would have to have a moment of silence for the dearly departed Mavic .

i have been assessing the full damage , so i have a battery error ?? it seems to power the drone on ok and the battery charges ok ,
compass 1 disconnected ,along with no GPS
gimbal error , ( kind of expected that one ) :D
and both front arms .
Am i right in thinking the compass 1 is in the GPS module at the rear ?

When flying airplanes, turning on the landing lights lets the birds know something is coming their way. Maybe, a way to hook up some sort of light or strobe for night flying. Having the radar on at night is rumored to keep the bats away. Kind of hard to do on a drone though. You need one of those military drones.
Sorry about your crash. I lost my Mavic in the Water 2 weeks ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+