DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Was Shot Out of the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my coworkers apparently seen my mavic hovering over the river and threatened to shoot it down next time. Well if he does ill be seeing him in court. And im sure he will get charges against him for discharging a firearm like that. If he shoots it down it would be in public as no one owns the river so im sure id win.
Seems like a great guy to work with... :/

Reactions: HiVac and scooot
Seems like a great guy to work with... :/
Yeah, He gave off this attitude like I must be spying in peoples windows and back yards, if he ever brings it up again, i'll ask him if hes planning a mass shooting because you know, if you own a gun you must be wanting to kill people :rolleyes:.

BaHahahahahaaaaaaa

One of my coworkers apparently seen my mavic hovering over the river and threatened to shoot it down next time. Well if he does ill be seeing him in court. And im sure he will get charges against him for discharging a firearm like that. If he shoots it down it would be in public as no one owns the river so im sure id win.
So where's the hellfire attachments for Mavic? Evidently, need a self defense mechanism.I guess some straws and a bottle rocket might do.

I've been to small claims court several times. If you win a judgment against the defendant (the shooter in this case) he has the right to appeal at the county level. If he does not appeal you can try and get your judgment. Not sure how you will do that, but a lawyer can help or Google. If he appeals, then you have to file at the county level. This is where it can get complicated and again a lawyer can help, but that's more money out of your pocket.

Yes, to be clear, I'm in Vancouver, Washington, United States of America. I do appreciate the breakdown on small claims though. I will consider it as an option.

Yeah, He gave off this attitude like I must be spying in peoples windows and back yards, if he ever brings it up again, i'll ask him if hes planning a mass shooting because you know, if you own a gun you must be wanting to kill people :rolleyes:.

You know I don't think the "gun people" get how ironic it is that they judge drones enthusiasts. Most drone users probably aren't spying on people, most gun owners are responsible non-mass shooters.

I consider myself a "gun person" for the record btw.

**** why do these people want to shoot it down???

If you win a judgment against the defendant (the shooter in this case) he has the right to appeal at the county level.
Depends on the state, and in the case of Washington, the amount of the judgment. Conveniently for the OP, the Mavic is worth $1 less than the judgment threshold for appeal: Washington Small Claims Court

The sad thing about all this is that it makes not only Drone owners look bad it also makes Gun owns look bad too !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661