DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my micro usb port on upper left rc is broken can i charge the rc with lower normal usb port??

The board inside the controller isn’t available as far as I’ve seen.
If someone else has any different information, please post.

i got it to charge by pressing the cord in the micro slot and not moving it so i guess the port just needs repair?

Reactions: Lbesing
for sure the usb does work with connecting to iphone - ty- so i have to just jiggle it to charge until i get fixed or replace?

If it isn't to late, get a magnetic tip USB cable, put the tip in the Micro USB port and leave it there. There is a polarity for the Micro USB. Get a good cable (Anker is suggested) for the bottom RC USB to the display

Cool idea. I cracked my Mavic Platinum’s USB board after 3 flights. I am very careful about the USB cable I use on most everything.

How do those magnetic tips work and which one fits the MP charging port? There seems to be a lot of different ones out there.

How do those magnetic tips work and which one fits the MP charging port?
You need a cable that has a magnetic Micro USB tip (like this cable).

The magnetic tip stays in the remote controller and the cable magnetically snaps to that tip whenever you want to use the port for charging or to connect the remote controller to a mobile device.

The other end of the cable needs to have the correct connector for whatever you're going to be doing with the cable. And you should of course choose a length that's appropriate. For example, you probably don't want to have a 6 foot cable if you're going to use it to fly.

Another option is to get a reversible Micro USB cable (I use this cable). It can be inserted into a Micro USB port in either direction.

That’s a sad weakness in the DJI RC. There is a video on You Tube that guides you through replacing that port. Sorry I don’t have that link. Good luck. ?

Still think it's mad that DJI didn't take the opportunity to switch to USB-C on the MP2's controller, they have on the Smart like mine, but not the standard? doesn't make much sense. The C port is so much hardier than the micro's as a rule.

Reactions: Lbesing
The board inside the controller isn’t available as far as I’ve seen.
If someone else has any different information, please post.
i’m not sure about the mp2 but there is a video out there that shows how to replace that usb port and it looks very easy,my guess is that the same usb used on the mp1 is the same for mp2

Reactions: Bill combs

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki