DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 My most Brutal Cinematic Shots in the Snow Storm

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
These are my tricks of the trade when flying in the Extreme Conditions to caputre the best Cinema , Drama and peer into the directors mind.

Have a xmas everyone I sure do miss my parents at these time but also the Snow. Good bye great snow storms where ever you are.

Although I froze my brain that day, I recovered to tell the tale of Cinematic excellence.

There is much to learn so take some notes, many of these clips will teach you next level techniqes for your next featued film...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Extreme Rain an conquer cinema excellence.

Any icing on the props? I’ve seen photos of it happening before- guess the conditions were not there for it.

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Last winter, flying in a pretty good downfall, I was completing a flight and while returning home, started losing altitude just before the end of the flight. Lost all lift and dropped into a soft snow drift about 20 feet from HP. Each prop was iced on the leading edges.

I learned not to stay aloft for extended periods of time in the snow (and probably even less in ice/sleet.

Last winter, flying in a pretty good downfall, I was completing a flight and while returning home, started losing altitude just before the end of the flight. Lost all lift and dropped into a soft snow drift about 20 feet from HP. Each prop was iced on the leading edges.

I learned not to stay aloft for extended periods of time in the snow (and probably even less in ice/sleet.
What drone was that ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

You don’t need snow or even clouds to get icing, it happens when the dew point is at freezing temperature or below. You can have a clear day and then after sundown when the air temps go down and it just starts to get foggy it can happen. She describes the conditions that lead to this well…

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast
That would be great, I think if i would have flown a little bit longer in the snow with the Mavic 2 it might have happened. I dont think it happens two often, seem you need the perfect storm so to speak.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
No storm needed ^^^see my post :)

There’s a photo of iced up props either on this website or on the commercialpilots site. It looked pretty interesting. I can’t find it though.

I saw the post , but we only fly in Storms , so that is my interest, keep in mind that the props can freeze over but were only in the air for 35 minutes max . That is why I want to see the storm that took his drone out so quickly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I saw the post , but we only fly in Storms , so that is my interest, keep in mind that the props can freeze over but were only in the air for 35 minutes max . That is why I want to see the storm that took his drone out so quickly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Oh gotcha. If you Google it, there’s several also on YouTube.

So you’ll have to start selling deicing boots for UAV propellers like they have on airplanes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne