DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Bumpcage

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My new protective equipment for my M2P, Bumpcage.
An equipment intended for use in inspection and photography up close in cramped spaces, or like me and hopefully someone else, uses it to fly among trees and higher up among the treetops.

The advantage of having equipment like this is that a mission does not have to be interrupted just because you get too close to the object and damage one or more propellers.

Your client who looks at his screen on what you inspect / photograph, does not have to be dissatisfied with an interrupted assignment, then it is of less importance the cost of your Bumpcage.

Bumpcage weighs 138g, it shortens your flight time per battery by 10 - 15%, and the flight speed about the same. You fly this type of mission mostly in T-Mode, so the flight speed is less important, but in P-Mode you fly about 11-12m / sec, instead of 13-14m / sec.
As the economists say, completely within the margin of error.

The first real protection for the Mavic 2 Pro.

Bump Cage is a product I can really recommend.TTPsBC2.jpg

I have posted a short video
Where you can see a little why it is called Bump (cage).

Not sure if it's up to watch, never really get the hang of YouTube's settings, let me know if it does not work.

I have posted a short video
Where you can see a little why it is called Bump (cage).

Not sure if it's up to watch, never really get the hang of YouTube's settings, let me know if it does not work.
your video on youtube is set to private, you need to make it public for viewers

Last edited:
An equipment intended for use in inspection and photography up close in cramped spaces, or like me and hopefully someone else, uses it to fly among trees and higher up among the treetops.

The advantage of having equipment like this is that a mission does not have to be interrupted just because you get too close to the object and damage one or more propellers.

Your client who looks at his screen on what you inspect / photograph, does not have to be dissatisfied with an interrupted assignment, then it is of less importance the cost of your Bumpcage.

Bumpcage weighs 138g, it shortens your flight time per battery by 10 - 15%, and the flight speed about the same. You fly this type of mission mostly in T-Mode, so the flight speed is less important, but in P-Mode you fly about 11-12m / sec, instead of 13-14m / sec.

Bump Cage is a product I can really recommend.View attachment 109413
Can you share a link on where to purchase please?

Bump Cage is a product I can really recommend.View attachment 109413
500.00? What’s it made out of titanium?

That is a ridiculously outrageous price!!! I'm sure they won't sell many at that price point....

Reactions: Thanev
It looks great I’m sure it gives good protection and easier to fit than the bigger ones good effort I say

If you read more carefully what I wrote, the intended market is undoubtedly ready to accept the price of a product that lives up to its promise.

For MavicPilots like me and probably a few others, who fly into the forest, the price is high, but I have for a year consumed 3 M2P and now on my fourth, all problems with interrupted flight, repair or replacement of drones and at a cost that is almost comparable, so my choice is clear.

There are two similar products, one British and one French, both costing as much as Bumpcage.

If you read more carefully what I wrote, the intended market is undoubtedly ready to accept the price of a product that lives up to its promise.

For MavicPilots like me and probably a few others, who fly into the forest, the price is high, but I have for a year consumed 3 M2P and now on my fourth, all problems with interrupted flight, repair or replacement of drones and at a cost that is almost comparable, so my choice is clear.

There are two similar products, one British and one French, both costing as much as Bumpcage.

I understand your sentiment for your situation. I'm sure it offers great protection. I would love to find something better than the "Prop Guards" DJI offers for the Mav 2 Pro. I own them but they don't offer full protection such as the Bumpcage you have mentioned. My MAV 2 is insured through State Farm and I will use my DJI Prop Guards if I feel the flight has "OIP" ("Object Impact Potential") such as confined spaces or heavily foliated areas and I'll be flying through it. So I do run the risk of flying into something whether it's caused by myself flying into an object or some anomaly and the drone doesn't respond to my control stick inputs and does its own thing. If the price was half of what it is I might seriously consider the Bump cage.

But thank you for sharing your find with us all. It really does look like it offers great protection.

Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute