DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My new Mavic 2 zoom just fell out of the sky

About to buy a MP2 but always holding up each time I read one of those issues about the drone falling from the sky without any reason :(
Just remember, these are just a few out of how ever many they have sold to date. I would love to know an actual number, but I'm willing to water it's a really big friggin number. :)

Really wondering if these fall from the sky issues are due from overheating? The MP2 has no heat sink on the bottom like the MPP. If the fan for some reason stops or glitches the unit would overheat.

However no one seems to get the processor overheating error right before the shut down.

Paul C

Reactions: nilomiclat
How do you read this file? I tried clicking the link but doesn’t work
You have to open it using the flight log vie
Really wondering if these fall from the sky issues are due from overheating? The MP2 has no heat sink on the bottom like the MPP. If the fan for some reason stops or glitches the unit would overheat.

However no one seems to get the processor overheating error right before the shut down.

Paul C
i always do very short flights. It is very seldom that I fly more than 10 minutes each flight. So I always have a break in between. This flight is less than 2 minutes so I doubt it if the issue is overheating but who knows. Just shipped the drone back to DJI yesterday. I hope they can explain what happened.

Reactions: nilomiclat
I hope you find out what happened. I just bought a M2Z myself haven’t even flown yet this is scary

Just go out and start flying, preferably in an open space, and enjoy.
I have over 5 hours of trouble free flying with my m2z so there are plenty of us out there flying without issues.

Best of luck with Dji OP?
Regaining flight confidence after this may take a little time..

@nilomiclat , sorry to hear about this.

I had my Mavic 2 zoom crashed few months ago (Mavic 2 falling from the sky - Complete failure)

I have seen your comment there. DJI replaced it for free and didn't give much explanation. as it was found @BudWalker @MavicMan @BlueBay is an ESCs issue.

and after I received a new one it crashed again- this time the Obstacle avoidance activated and it flew into a building. I will start a new thread to analyze what happened here

Mavic 2 zoom Crashed
Hey, yes I saw your post about your MZ2 and I was following the thread. I sent my MZ2 back to DJI and I’m still waiting. I was tracking the package sent via UPS but for some reason the delivery is very slow. I shipped it on Oct 16 and it is still in transit and the delivery ETA is on Monday, Oct 29. I have I hopes that they will replace it because based on the flight log when it crashed I did not make any wrong move so it’s not a pilot error. I’m sorry to hear that you crashed your second one again. I’m wondering if they send you a brand new one when they replaced it or just send you a refurbished one. The one they sent you for replacement does it look like brand new? Anyway I hope DJI would provide an explanation to all of these. It’s good that they replace the drone for free but it will give all the DJI pilots a peace of mind if they have a better explanation on all of these incidents. For sure I will never have the same confidence flying before the crash. I saw few a thread about a guy who also had an issue and crashed his M2P he switch back to original Mavic. I had my old one for more than a year and I never had an issue with it. I took it in all my travels where it is allowed to fly. I will look out for your post about the second incident.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661