DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 My new record 186.3 km/h

Sweet! That is one fast drone! High speed makes long range FPV much more dynamic and exciting to watch, especially when flying at low altitiudes or mountain diving. I have 2 DJI FPV drones and I am going to do the drone-hack altitude limit removal on one of them so I can finally reach 2000m or higher in our local mountains.

Reactions: alex_markov
Another good video!

I have to ask what's the point?

Sweet! That is one fast drone! High speed makes long range FPV much more dynamic and exciting to watch, especially when flying at low altitiudes or mountain diving. I have 2 DJI FPV drones and I am going to do the drone-hack altitude limit removal on one of them so I can finally reach 2000m or higher in our local mountains.
You'll be disappointed as DJI FPV have a limited battery for things like this (I have one ;) :) )

Reactions: Papa72
You'll be disappointed as DJI FPV have a limited battery for things like this (I have one ;) :) )
What kind of range are you getting? I'm getting around 4.5 miles of total distance per flight running battery down to 20% with DJI FPV drone and a max of around 2.5 miles distance out if I take it easy. I like FalconRad FPV videos, that guy gets some incredible distance!

What kind of range are you getting? I'm getting around 4.5 miles of total distance per flight running battery down to 20% with DJI FPV drone and a max of around 2.5 miles distance out if I take it easy. I like FalconRad FPV videos, that guy gets some incredible distance!
I just tried yestarday and landing with a lot of slack made near 30 minutes and 25.8 km see the post

I do not understand the question - what's the point of what?
From my reading, most if not all countries mandate flying your drone within line of sight. So, what's the point of your "distance" testing. I know you fly FPV with goggles but I've seen in most of your videos that you have someone with you who can keep an eye on the drone for you. So, what's the point?

Reactions: Chrislaf
From my reading, most if not all countries mandate flying your drone within line of sight. So, what's the point of your "distance" testing. I know you fly FPV with goggles but I've seen in most of your videos that you have someone with you who can keep an eye on the drone for you. So, what's the point?
The point is to have fun and know Your gear - distance testing was done flying around me in a remote valley just to find out how long the battery would last - but You are right if You follow rules by the book there's No point in drones whatsoever - just buy longer selfy stick ;)

Reactions: Paleomanjim
The point is to have fun and know Your gear - distance testing was done flying around me in a remote valley just to find out how long the battery would last - but You are right if You follow rules by the book there's No point in drones whatsoever - just buy longer selfy stick ;)
Hmm! I fly my drones and follow the VLOS rules and I don't ever feel like there is no point in having drones. I also have a selfie stick but it would have to be an excessively long and cumbersome one to do what I can do with my drones.

I never have understood why there is a need to brag about flights like these as they are just going to add to the ever increasing flying restrictions everywhere. If you are checking to see how long the battery lasts then why brag about it in a public forum - just keep it to yourself.

Chris

Hmm! I fly my drones and follow the VLOS rules and I don't ever feel like there is no point in having drones. I also have a selfie stick but it would have to be an excessively long and cumbersome one to do what I can do with my drones.

I never have understood why there is a need to brag about flights like these as they are just going to add to the ever increasing flying restrictions everywhere. If you are checking to see how long the battery lasts then why brag about it in a public forum - just keep it to yourself.

Chris
I feel You misunderstood me, first, this post was about speed, second how long a drone can fly has nothing to do with how Far can You send it ... but If You felt bad about it I am sorry that was not my intention

I feel You misunderstood me, first, this post was about speed, second how long a drone can fly has nothing to do with how Far can You send it ... but If You felt bad about it I am sorry that was not my intention
No misunderstanding. At that speed the drone would be way beyond VLOS within seconds. My point was and still is why post about it in a public forum. It does nothing to improve the public perception of drone pilots. If you want to test your drone’s limits then do so hopefully in a safe environment but don’t advertise it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507