DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MY SIGN SIMIU AND MY DRONE IS NOW. I'VE LOST

frantt

Reactions
I was flying with my Mavic Pro when the signal was lost. I tried to change the position of the antennas, I moved to try to reestablish the signal and nothing. The signal did not come back and I lost my drone ...
I had a normal Satellites 16 signal altogether. Have the Drone calibrated without problems.
The Drone was 617 meters from me.
I was in a valley (as can be seen in the video below) at the top of the mountains.
I have the possibility of buying another Drone, but without knowing the causes of the disappearance of the Drone I have no confidence in acquiring another.
Can someone please help me clarify what might have happened? I thank you in advance for your help.

Video of the moment the signal was lost ...

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: ftttu
Since you have no obstacle avoidance going backward, do you think your MP may have crashed into one of the hills? If you took off with a good GPS home point and your bird eventually went into RTH after signal loss, it is possible your forward obstacle avoidance may have not been able to overcome all of the obstacles it may have come across. Also, it could have even been struck by a bird. Keep us posted if you determine the cause.

I was flying with my Mavic Pro when the signal was lost. I tried to change the position of the antennas, I moved to try to reestablish the signal and nothing. The signal did not come back and I lost my drone ...
I had a normal Satellites 16 signal altogether. Have the Drone calibrated without problems.
The Drone was 617 meters from me.
I was in a valley (as can be seen in the video below) at the top of the mountains.
I have the possibility of buying another Drone, but without knowing the causes of the disappearance of the Drone I have no confidence in acquiring another.
Can someone please help me clarify what might have happened? I thank you in advance for your help.

Video of the moment the signal was lost ...

The video had a little bounce before the signal was lost which makes me think you hit something.

Try GO4 "Find my Drone". It will home in on the Mavic's last known location, and lead you to it. When you get near, and if the Mavic's battery is still alive, you can elect to have either its LEDs flash, or have it BEEP at you.

Mine became disconnected today and crashed into some trees and brush. Got it back using the BEEP. got cut up on sticker bushes, though.

Reactions: WestyinWC
"The signal did not come back and I lost my drone ..." Hold on for a minute here!....Why is nobody asking the important questions?: "So, why didn't RTH work after the signal was lost?!?! Was the homepoint accurately set? Was the failsafe RTH altitude adequately set?" If the homepoint was accurate and verified, and the RTH altitude was sufficient to clear ANYTHING in your way, THEN we have a mystery indeed.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Try GO4 "Find my Drone". It will home in on the Mavic's last known location, and lead you to it. When you get near, and if the Mavic's battery is still alive, you can elect to have either its LEDs flash, or have it BEEP at you.

Mine became disconnected today and crashed into some trees and brush. Got it back using the BEEP. got cut up on sticker bushes, though.
How did it hit trees after a disconnect if you had the RTH altitude set right, and the homepoint verified?

If it did get hit by something, the camera should've recorded a little longer, no?

That's the recording on the phone, that would stop as soon as the signal is dropped even if the camera is still working onboard.

Need log indeed, seems he might simply have lost LOS.

That's the recording on the phone, that would stop as soon as the signal is dropped even if the camera is still working onboard.

Need log indeed, seems he might simply have lost LOS.

Would signal be lost straight away in case of a bird strike?

Could probably happen depending on what's damaged, but wouldn't be a given either. Video does not suggest a hit though, the stutter at the end is likely a short signal drop just before it was lost for good.

RTH doesn't always work. I was flying my drone and it wasn't far only like 400 feet away from me. My app crashed and I couldn't reconnect. I tried RTH and it did nothing. Luckily I was able to visually find my drone and the remote still worked but not the RTH. So I got it back to me safely.

RTH doesn't always work. I was flying my drone and it wasn't far only like 400 feet away from me. My app crashed and I couldn't reconnect. I tried RTH and it did nothing. Luckily I was able to visually find my drone and the remote still worked but not the RTH. So I got it back to me safely.

Was the home point set?

I pressed the RTH button on my remote and nothing happened. The drone didn't movie. Luckily it was only 400 feet away and could visually see it and was able to guide it visually back to me with the remote which still worked. it seems like the RTH doesn't work unless the app is working.

When the app crashes it can lock stuff up that is waiting for it - unplug the USB cable and normal function should return.

Reactions: Brojon
When the app crashes it can lock stuff up that is waiting for it - unplug the USB cable and normal function should return.

So an App crash on mobile device can cause the controls on the RC itself to not function? That is scary...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242