DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro My Small, Drone Hypocrasy Rant

I can imagine the adrenaline pumping in the veins of a 2 bit flyer like me, if given the opportunity to fly in those now forbidden regions.
I think I would also be tempted to push the envelope and not 'respect' the lawful limitations at hand and get caught up in the moment. After all, even you Dale (totally aligned with the highest of ethical standards Hyppocratically and not hypothetically speaking LOL) ....were you not tempted to try a 'little' stealth flying (and I'm glad you did)!
For many the temptation to go beyond what is reasonable and lawful would be too much!
I enjoyed the 'ping pong' above and can identify with both views.
That's why I enjoy this forum....we just have to watch our blood pressure ...but of course, there is 'a doctor in the house'.😊
Maxwell
I thank you for your wise words and your constant support. There do seem to be a few "scolds" here, always willing to jump in and criticize. Nevertheless, I will continue my carefully selected stealth flights.

You must understand. One person filming with a drone is far different, than a group of people, all flying their drones around.
Imagine if you will, 8~12 drones, all flying around at the same time, trying to chase down the same animal?
One person, by themselves, is much different.
If you want to film nature with a drone, go out on your own, not in a group…

You must understand. One person filming with a drone is far different, than a group of people, all flying their drones around.
Imagine if you will, 8~12 drones, all flying around at the same time, trying to chase down the same animal?
One person, by themselves, is much different.
If you want to film nature with a drone, go out on your own, not in a group…
Sorry Kentucky Ranger- from the way you phrase your comment, is shows that you do not at all understand the situation.

Imagine that you are on an African Safari and have spent a lot of money to get there. You saved for a year for that money. You have hired a private vehicle with no other guests in it but you and your wife. You have paid a lot of extra money for that private vehicle privilege.

Now, imagine this. A typical African game drive consists of a single vehicle out on the drive for about 3 to 4 hours (dawn to lunchtime, for example).Along the drive, you come upon a fantastic scene. Your vehicle is the ONLY ONE there. Perhaps a group of elephants at a water hole or a group of wildebeests ready to cross a river. You and your wife are the only passengers in the vehicle besides the guide who is also the driver. You want to put the drone in the air to get an aerial view of the massed elephants or wildebeests. You are disturbing absolutely nobody. There is nobody else around for miles.

By the way, I cannot go "out on my own" at a private camp. I have not vehicle, no training, and would be totally lost, and in danger of running into a bad situation.

Got it?

So the lodge can put their drone in the air pretending they are not disturbing the wildlife, but you cannot. The lodge not only drones the animals, they publish the footage in their promotions. But they will not allow you to do the same.

Do you, at all, see any inconsistency in that?

Just asking.

Reactions: thispilothere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan