DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My turn to to use DJI refresh

Karim

Reactions
Camping right now. Get up early to launch drone at sun rise. Take off but camera won't focus at all. I figure I'll land and turn it off and on again.
Start descending from 10m and expecting the sensors to pick up the ground as it does every time I land. But it didn't and hits the ground. Gimbal plastic is now loose and keep getting the message gimbal unstable or something.
Guess when I get back home I'll send the service request.
Annoying as was really excited to take some great footage from South Coast of NSW Australia.

Little rant over.

Have you checked all three gimbal retainers are properly seated? A heavy landing can easily pop one of them out.

Reactions: Former Member
Camping right now. Get up early to launch drone at sun rise. Take off but camera won't focus at all. I figure I'll land and turn it off and on again.
Start descending from 10m and expecting the sensors to pick up the ground as it does every time I land. But it didn't and hits the ground. Gimbal plastic is now loose and keep getting the message gimbal unstable or something.
Guess when I get back home I'll send the service request.
Annoying as was really excited to take some great footage from South Coast of NSW Australia.

Little rant over.

Dumb question. Were your downward sensors turned off & you didn't realize it?

Sensors were def turn on. When I took off the second time it landed fine. I did gimbal calibration before I realized what it was.

The rubber things are still on but looks like it is stretched and it has detached from the feet of the gimbal platform. Not sure if can tell from the photos
Looking at the flight log from the app. All it said was landing and obstacle avoidance will turn off. Now I know not to rely on them and next time slow down myself

Attachments

• IMG_9605.JPG
    IMG_9605.JPG
    785.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_9606.JPG
    IMG_9606.JPG
    955.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Obstacle avoidance will turn itself off if it is is too dark. Typical for after first light and just prior to sunrise. Also flying mine this morning and OA disabled itself due to low light.

Images look fine for your front two clips. Mine is the same. But check the single rear one in the centre behind the gimbal. You will see a single central metal hook. Gimbal mount (marked with 2 dots) must sit under and not over this.

upload_2017-4-29_8-52-51.png

Obstacle avoidance will turn itself off if it is is too dark. Typical for after first light and just prior to sunrise. Also flying mine this morning and OA disabled itself due to low light.

Images look fine for your front two clips. Mine is the same. But check the single rear one in the centre behind the gimbal. You will see a single central metal hook. Gimbal mount (marked with 2 dots) must sit under and not over this.

That clip is what broke off. I can hear it rattling around. Was just after sun rise and there was enough light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 90
Bugger. Off for a repair then. At least we have established what has broken. Bad Luck.

How fast were you descending from 30m? Seems to me if you were piloting slowly to land, by the time you realized the drone wasn't going to stop prior to landing you would have had time to readjust. Just a thought. Sorry you had this happen.

How fast were you descending from 30m? Seems to me if you were piloting slowly to land, by the time you realized the drone wasn't going to stop prior to landing you would have had time to readjust. Just a thought. Sorry you had this happen.
When it broke I was descending from 10m but yea my fault. I was relying on the sensors as it has worked every other time. Hopefully the DJI refresh replacement for it is cheaper than the full cost of a few hundred $$.
Cheers everyone.

I'm doing the same myself. The clip broke off, and I'll be replacing that, but the error was coming from the ribbon cable having torn...

View attachment 11850
a26de89273a1f694c3b9ec2ea8994a27.jpg

mine from a crash using atti mode. It chipped off
Yours still lucky but the rubber as i can see it, it melted??

Last edited:
good news, they emailed saying they confirmed it was caused by a malfunction. So all covered under normal warranty. Annoyed it happened the first time i get to go out properly but glad it should be fixed and sent back soon.
Thanks for everyones input and help

Reactions: EsiMavic
I replaced the ribbon cable, and the vibration absorbing board, and it is flying well again. Just had to recalibrate the gimbal and the compass after the repair.

Yay!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc