DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mystery flyaway: What happened?

Whoops I removed mine

That was one of the first things I removed! [emoji23] I also almost started trying to remove the black ‘elastic bands’ above the gimbal until the light bulb switched on! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Robbyg ... pleeease!
What do you invent?
You have wrote an obvious nonsense.
All those transparent protective films must be removed immediately if you think to use the product and not sell or ship back to the seller.
Particularly the ones that have a colored tab that say you:
Hey!
Can you see me?
Please remove me from here!
Cannot belive to see that someone do not think to remove all these films, placed almost everywhere, also on some connectors, USB cable, charger, etc.

Maybe if you buy glasses with a protective trasparent film attached on them, you don't remove it just to avoid scratching them with everyday use?!

[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

This thread has been both educational and entertaining. I too have fallen foul of issues regarding flying at an unsuitable altitude. Completely my fault; I’d been flying a waypoints mission using Litchi and had made two school boy errors.

1. I didn’t take into account elevation when setting my flight altitude throughout the mission.

2. Madge was flying backwards! [emoji85]

Needless to say she ended up perched in a tree and £80 later via the help of a tree surgeon she was back into my loving arms minus a prop and a rear landing gear!

The TAB you see on that film is there so that the factory worker has something to hold onto when they apply the protective layer without getting their fingers into the adhesive backing. If you have noticed it does not come off easily, because it's not supposed to! It is put on with a glue that is designed to stay on, also the surface of the film is not just a regular surface, but it is actually very durable and slippery, like a Teflon coating has been applied.

Here is a DJI forum thread where a DJI representative said "You could remove it or just keep it there, the small yellow tab will not affect it's function, please do not worry about it." I "didn't worry about it" and removed mine.

Gimbal Packaging

Last edited:
Reactions: Opabob
Good question...I'm not certain, but I would think it has to be set when the home point is recorded, and can't be changed till a new home point is recorded.

I know it's an old thread but I've not seen answer to this topic. I've changed it during my very first flight. So yes, it's possible. I had to cross some high voltage electricity line so I went up to 65 meters - and after that I realized it would be really bad to loose the signal afterwards and just have the Mavic fly closer or event right into those cables with the standard 30m setting. Yes, I know (read the manual! :) ) the RTH would retain the level if it's higher than the setting - but what if I just want to descend to have a look on sth and the RTH just pops in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut