DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nanuk 920 case

MavProPlat1968

Reactions
Has anyone had any experience with this case? I'm interested in it because it has a slot actually cut in the foam for a phone/tablet. Just wondering if the iPad mini would fit in that slot.

Thumbs WAY up for this case. I have 2. Here are some other choices:

I was torn between tha Nanuk and the GPC.....and partly for that same reason, I wanted to carry the iPad mini in the case as well....along with my MavMount.....which is why I ultimately decided on the GPC....storage for both the iPad, MavMount, 3 batteries, cords, charger, props, memory cards, and filter set......very happy with the case. Looking forward to how the Nanuk works if you decide to go that route!

So you can see, it has two levels “kind of”....the large insert lifts out with the nylon handles you can see on the sides if you look close. Top has storage spots for 4 battteries + 1 in the drone, or if you have a MavMount, the one battery slot is laser cut so you can remove part of the foam to accommodate the nave mount, leaving 3+1 battery spots, and I currently only have 3 total in there, and Oswald one of the battery holes for my lanyard. You can see there is a spot also cut under the drone for the iPad mount part of the MavMount. I slide my 3 count PolarPro filters in the empty slot you see on the left. Any questions, just let me know! Hope it helps!

Attachments

• EB7B386F-4C19-48A6-BA59-4A5F38374B32.jpeg
    EB7B386F-4C19-48A6-BA59-4A5F38374B32.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • DBF607AB-31CC-4392-92BB-BF77BE0E7330.jpeg
    DBF607AB-31CC-4392-92BB-BF77BE0E7330.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • 0301DB17-E551-4BC1-B732-7D3F3C64AEBC.jpeg
    0301DB17-E551-4BC1-B732-7D3F3C64AEBC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • D1380E4B-8F99-4031-8DA9-F8CFB61749FE.jpeg
    D1380E4B-8F99-4031-8DA9-F8CFB61749FE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Oh man....sorry didn’t notice you were a Mavic Pro! But I think they have the same for yours too! And yep.....that’s a mini, you’ll notice another laser cut foam ring aroun it you can remove for a regular iPad if you use that. I just tossed my old mini in there so you could see it (the brand new mini 5 is on the charger at the moment!)

Reactions: MavProPlat1968
Just got a mini 5 today..... :) I just couldnt make myself pay the extra for the M2P I got a pretty good deal at best buy on the platinum. I envy you though...how do you like the camera on it?? I wish the mavic pro had the hyperlapse mode on it like yours does. I'll look at the gpc cases for my drone to see if they are laid out the same.

Reactions: OldNavyChief
The mini 5 is awesome for use with the Mavics! This drone is new for me, waited a long time before finally pulling the trigger......just decided to jump! Love the camera so far....finding this drone so much more intuitive than previous drones I’ve flown. The MP series drones are all awesome truthfully, I think we both made good choices!! Still working with the camera, so many features and settings.....hard to know where to start, but so far so good?

Sure does......I haven’t done a hyperlapse yet, but looking forward to it. I’ve seen a few posted on here by other pilots that were really well done!!
When I started watching videos on these drones, that was something that really got me...I love hyperlapse, the I set my heart on a mavic pro, and at the time didnt realize only the M2 has it. I've watched videos of how people do it with the MP, but it sure would be nice to just touch the mode and go.

Reactions: OldNavyChief
Unfortunately it looks as though the case for the MPP is totally different than yours...I dont even think it has the space underneath for the ipad.

Seen the GPC-DJI-MAVIC-PLUS-1, while set up a little different, looks like it has most all of the same storage including spot for iPad mini, just on its side instead of flat. And 6 battery spots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan