DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NASA’s next Saturn mission; putting a drone on Titan

Some important questions:
Is this drone registered with the Intergalatic Space and Transport Authorities?
Do the operators have a licence issued by the above mentioned Authorities?

If not, the drone will be seized and destroyed, the operators will face serious charges and in case of conviction extradition to Nova XY 350!

That is one bad dual quad-copter!!! It can:

• Sample surface material and measure with a mass spectrometer to identify the chemical components and processes producing biologically relevant compounds
  • Measure bulk elemental surface composition with a neutron-activated gamma-ray spectrometer
  • Monitor atmospheric and surface conditions, including diurnal and spatial variations, with meteorology sensors
  • Use imaging to characterize geologic features
  • Perform seismic studies to detect subsurface activity and structure
  • Contribute to atmospheric profiles
  • Provide aerial images of surface geology
  • Give context for surface measurements and scouting of sites of interest

My M2P is jealous! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Interested in the battery tech on this. I imagine this would have been the biggest hurdle

Reactions: AMann
Interested in the battery tech on this. I imagine this would have been the biggest hurdle

That little bugger is charged up between flights by an onboard radioisotope generator! ☢

They say it (the mission lifespan) will also have a two and a half year lifespan.

Last edited:
That little bugger is charged up between flights by an onboard radioisotope generator! ☢

They say it will also have a two and a half year lifespan.
Current typical lifetime of the MMRTG is about 14 years. I think the mission planned lifetime is about 2 years.

Reactions: AMann
Some important questions:
Is this drone registered with the Intergalatic Space and Transport Authorities?
Do the operators have a licence issued by the above mentioned Authorities?

If not, the drone will be seized and destroyed, the operators will face serious charges and in case of conviction extradition to Nova XY 350!
Will be tricky to fly it in LOS, too ;-)

Reactions: Thoraldus
For a lot of space missions, it would be better to use reusable space tugs as they are auxiliary spacecraft made to assist in the direction of large ships and their cargo when maneuvering in orbital transfer fleets and transit corridors, for which attractive beams or magnetic clamps were used.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan