DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

National Drone Register Scam

These are the crooks here

I have my $5.00 drone registration thank you very much but I wanted to see how they came on to visitors. While I was looking at the home page a couple of popup alternated. The number and lames change.

1.jpg 2.jpg

They have done a lot of work on the website, and a pretty big donation to Amazon to get their add closer to the top.

Buyer beware.

I lost two Mavic pro, one in the mountains, one in the pacific. Two times it was a pilots error... If I would have had registerd them i would now be $ 10,-- poorer and could not effort the 3rd one...
If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you are only registering yourself and not the individual drone. You would use the SAME number (one registration not three) for all the drones.

You only register the individual drones if you are operating under Part 107.

Note that registering the the law.

If you are flying for hobby/recreation, then you are only registering yourself and not the individual drone. You would use the SAME number (one registration not three) for all the drones.

You only register the individual drones if you are operating under Part 107.

Note that registering the the law.
Happy to read this, I think now I can effort even a 4th one...

I’m fine with registering anything that flies with a camera on it and also the 55lbs+ class but having to register anything else is a bit absurd imo.

What about all those satellites that can take very clear pictures of the license plate on your car? Bet they are not registered. Why are we worried about flying cameras?

Reactions: Thwyllo
I lost two Mavic pro, one in the mountains, one in the pacific. Two times it was a pilots error... If I would have had registerd them i would now be $ 10,-- poorer and could not effort the 3rd one...

I believe you only have to register the "first" one - that'll include your later drones for that $5. That's the latest I've understood on the FAA site.

Satellites fly in ungoverned airspace. Drones fly in governed airspace.

If you are worried about "cameras" what difference does it make from where your picture is being taken? Just sayin' how do you restrict drones with cameras if they are flying in FAA controlled airspace? What is your point?

If you are worried about "cameras" what difference does it make from where your picture is being taken? Just sayin' how do you restrict drones with cameras if they are flying in FAA controlled airspace? What is your point?
I voluntarily live in the U.S. so therefore I must follow the rules of the U.S. Right to privacy is in law books. I’m fine with being able to track down anyone who violates it.

Really a moot point anyway since there’s almost zero technology to enforce the laws and regulations concerning drones, so arguing the point is fruitless.

I voluntarily live in the U.S. so therefore I must follow the rules of the U.S. Right to privacy is in law books. I’m fine with being able to track down anyone who violates it.

Really a moot point anyway since there’s almost zero technology to enforce the laws and regulations concerning drones, so arguing the point is fruitless.

True! I also think us older folks have an incorrect idea of "privacy." Just because a drone flies over your property doesn't mean it is invading your privacy. If you believe that, standby for some difficult times when UPS, FEDEX, Ebay, & many other businesses start deliveries with drones which will be flying right up to your front door...

Most Drones fly in uncontrolled airspace.
According strictly to the FAA. However, state and federal government control airspace above their borders. Federal parks, for example, are illegal to fly. It’s tough to get permission, I live 5 miles from Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Two buildings, side by side want a bridge between the two on the 20th floor for convenience. Had to buy the airspace from the state.

What about all those satellites that can take very clear pictures of the license plate on your car? Bet they are not registered. Why are we worried about flying cameras?
Do truly believe that satellites orbit the Earth are not registered with someone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky