DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

nd filter

johnsctt78

Reactions
hi guys
anyone have any input on these filters for the mavic pro.I seen them on amazon and they stated it passes
the gimball calibration

Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Drone Quadcopter - Ultraviolet UV, Neutral Density ND4, ND8 and ND16 Filter,Made of Optical Glass and Aluminum Alloy Frame (Black)

Last edited:
I just bought Leakoteck filters from Amazon. There are 6, 4,8 and 16, and polarized versions for a total of 6. I wasn't happy when
I got them because I wanted the ones made by DJI. But they work ok and are very small and light. You can calibrate gimbal
with them on. They came with no instructions and I don't know the directions of the polarized ones. Steve

hi guys
anyone have any input on these filters for the mavic pro.I seen them on amazon and they stated it passes
the gimball calibration

Neewer 4 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Drone Quadcopter - Ultraviolet UV, Neutral Density ND4, ND8 and ND16 Filter,Made of Optical Glass and Aluminum Alloy Frame (Black)

I have the 8 piece Neewer filters. I have only had my MPP for a week, and have only tried out the nd8 and nd16, which both fitted well (they have a little felt like ring inside the frame to grip the lens).

They didn't affect the gimbal operation and seem of reasonable optical quality, although I have not done any extensive tests yet due to gales & lack of flying time.

I bought them as a cheap test alternative to Polarpro, as I wasn't sure about spending big money on an expensive set when I didn't know which densities I would need. Now I know that an nd16 is a must have and nd32 could be useful. It's very sunny here and our limestone rock formations are a pale grey which overexposes very easily.

BTW, the polarised ones do work, but I think that I would only put them on for photos, not video due to the issues they have with changing light tones when doing panning shots.

Hope that this helps.

I shot this with an nd16 and not very good video settings. No post editing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I bought DJI Filter Set but people are buying cheaper sets online; Australia has very high UV and I’m using the ND 4 today but had used the ND 8 previously and found it was perhaps too dark for early morning or late afternoon; what is for sure, is the ND filters cut the UV and my pictures are much sharper/defined and no more overexposure or whiteout of the sky or white objects like boats in the water that appeared overexposed previously.

I would go for the offer with nd32.
You will use that on bright days.

Later you could get a CLUV and CLPL if you wanted.

My set doesn’t have an nd4, really a don’t think I’d use it.
The CUV and CPL both are about 1.5 stops anyway.

The nd I have are 8, 16, 32, and 64.
Haven’t used the 64 yet, but expect come Jan / Feb it will be on a bit.

Reactions: Youser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab