DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Near miss with helicopter at South Hollywood beach, Florida.

Agreed - if you are not interested then find a different thread, or a different forum. But quit whining about others discussing subjects that they may find interesting or relevant.
I don't need some kind of permission, to read every thread I want, and agree or disagree with some opinions.

And I think, you're doing the same. I'm whining with all this CSI, and you are whining with all this "fake videos" posts (for example).

I think news, helping each other, technology discussions, and all drone related threads, are useful and very interesting.

But still miss the point of this "court", and I find it really irrelevant. Sorry, it isn't "whining", it's my opinion.

I don't need some kind of permission, to read every thread I want, and agree or disagree with some opinions.

And I think, you're doing the same. I'm whining with all this CSI, and you are whining with all this "fake videos" posts (for example).

I think news, helping each other, technology discussions, and all drone related threads, are useful and very interesting.

But still miss the point of this "court", and I find it really irrelevant. Sorry, it isn't "whining", it's my opinion.

That's an entirely false equivalence. I was participating in the thread discussion. You are entitled to read whatever you want, but if you have nothing to add except the drive-by comment that you are not interested then you are simply wasting forum time and space. If we all trolled through all the threads and inserted useless opinions of that kind in every thread that doesn't interest us, what do you think that would do to the forum?

View attachment 44064

OK so you have stated your opinion so leave it at that .
Also to the rest if this thread is going to start being arguminitive I will close it so when posting...
IMG_7921.jpg

Reactions: Simmo
Why does the drone pilot need to be fried? If he was below 400' and within Los... Is it possible the helicopter was flying in the drones airspace rather than the other way around?
I agree with you gnirtS the drone pilot was just doing his thing and here comes a helo out of the blue. I believe he did the right thing by staying put. he made NO stupid moves up down side to side if he had who knows how it might of ended up. I say the drone pilot was doing the right thing and possibly saved a few lives. was he right flying there who knows point being he kept his cool under pressure. CHEERS!!!

I agree with you gnirtS the drone pilot was just doing his thing and here comes a helo out of the blue. I believe he did the right thing by staying put. he made NO stupid moves up down side to side if he had who knows how it might of ended up. I say the drone pilot was doing the right thing and possibly saved a few lives. was he right flying there who knows point being he kept his cool under pressure. CHEERS!!!

It's not his response to the approaching helicopter that was the issue - the situation has already gone badly wrong at that point because he was clearly not in a position to see/hear it early enough from his position on the ground. So his mistake was flying at that location in the first place. That's what was stupid.

As for suggesting that he should be commended for saving a few lives - that takes stupidity to a whole new level.

Yeah im suggesting the total opposite.
The operator is 100% responsible, shouldn't have been there and failed with his legal obligations.
He endangered lives not saved.

Reactions: sar104
Do helicopters like this broadcast a signal that you can use an app to follow? I think there is something for commercial airlines but I don't know how up to date it is. I like the idea to have a radio but recreational drone pilots probably won't take to that as easily as an app, because it is expensive and requires more knowledge of the area and flight patterns, but if I could look on an app and see that the area has a lot of places, it would help make decision about whether to fly at all, and how to do it safely.

I agree if I could see a lot of flight traffic I would be less likely to fly in any location. But I have also flown at beaches with occasional traffic and it would put me at ease to have more visibility into what might be coming in the next 5-10 minutes.

Also regarding flights over crowded beaches....of course I meant flying over the water to take a picture of the beach....not violating any laws about flying over crowds of people.

"Do helicopters like this broadcast a signal that you can use an app to follow? I think there is something for commercial airlines but I don't know how up to date it is."

Try FlightRadar24 app.

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

To break down the statement you responded to – is that because you think that the video was fake, that the FAA is not investigating, that the President isn't the architect of the tactic of shouting "fake news" at unwelcome news reports, that his supporters have not also embraced that tactic, or some other aspect of the statement that I missed?

It's ALWAYS the same people trolling for an argument, offering up NO intelligent comments.

And here I didn't think it was possible to top the dumbest statement made in this thread then in walks a new contender to steal his prize LOL

Well, you have claimed to be a "Snow Flake Whisperer" in past comments, That to me is still the dumbest statement I have seen on ANY post. Somebody hit a nerve?

Something is very strange : the right footboard of the helico is missing and seems to have been erase on every pictures of the footage. Photographs have been retouched, why ??

because-aliens.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erechtus