DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help/advice

Scorpion99

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro that I purchased when the mavic first was released, about March 2016 is when I got it. I have barely used the device. I have only about 9 hours flight time. I have been just charging it and updating as needed for over a year without even flying it. I have not had any issues until now. I took it out yesterday and fully charged the batteries and remote. I then tried to do the latest update which failed. I used my Windows 10 PC first, reinstalled Assistant 2 more than once, restarted the device to no luck. I used my iPhone to try, then my Samsung Tablet then my macbook pro. Still would not update. Then I noticed other issues while trying to solve the update issue. The video feed cuts out after the drone is on for about a minute. Restarting the Mavic gives me another minute of feed. I also noticed a warning saying the gimbal is disconnected but it is connected and I can preform a calibration. Where do I even start?

Do you have an authorized DJI store near you? They may be interested enough to help you out. The one near my home in Phoenix has a staff is like that, hoping others are the same.

Personally, I would start with a new battery, or borrow one from a friend and see if the issue persists. Assuming those batteries sat for that amount of time,they’re probably not very stable.

Do another update using the app rather than the dji assistant . When you connect it automatically checks the firmware and click on to update if needed as dji have changed there policy and are making you only update this way . I know because i work for them and had some part in writing the code for the latest go4app update. This is a sign to come as soon apps like litchi will soon be frozen out to comply with the changing laws as dji have no say over these apps and what they do. Us and uk and soon eu laws all agree on this matter so i will only be a matter of time before the lock down will happen whether you buy a dji drone or any other make of drone as they will all have to fall on line with the laws if they want to sell there products in these markets

Just wait for the mavic 2 to come out which had to be pulled before launch to have adjustments and software issues changed ready to comply with the laws when it is announced

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent