• Screenshot_2021-03-04-21-55-23.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-21-55-23.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2021-03-04-21-54-51.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-21-54-51.png
    712.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-02_[12-15-29] (1).txt
    594.6 KB · Views: 8
2019 and 2018 i own a mnt .. no one else found it that's for sure . i searched prob 100 hrs
you got and any pointers in where it might lay
and it wasn't my fault the screen went black and it never came home .. and dji wouldn't cover it .. and the other one I lost I got that flight record too I couldn't recover that one the same thing happened although it was by a river

and it wasn't my fault the screen went black and it never came home .. and dji wouldn't cover it .. and the other one I lost I got that flight record too I couldn't recover that one the same thing happened although it was by a river. ps anyon that can get me to the destination of my the mav . there will be a reward . its all alone out there a **** do i miss it

There's no simple answer.
The ill-fated flight started with the battery at only 50% and was pushed out too far.
It ends with the signal lost at 7:41 with the drone 4.00 metres from home, 113 metres up and the battery at 17%

The battery was running down at approx 1% each 12 seconds.
It would have initiated RTH after losing signal and started coming home at 12 metres/sec.
After about 84 seconds the battery would have reached critical low voltage level and it would have commenced autolanding.
That would have brought it 1000 metres from where RTH started.

But the drone was only 411 metres from home when signal was lost.
So something has gone wrong on the return.
Presumably the drone is somewhere on the straight line between where sigal was lost and the home point.

I can't get the detailed flight data file to open properly so I can't confirm your loss of signal action was set to RTH.
This is the default setting and it doesn't change unless you change it.

The data indicates that wind was light and shouldn't have been a factor.
Also there are no obstacles on the return path where it should have crashed.

Here's what the data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Here are the saart and end locations
Home point
33.44116 -117.13558

Last known location
33.43751 -117.13489

Yep ... you flew your battery until it was drained & couldn't manage a return flight.

In the log no RTH phase is visible ... you got a warning about low battery RTH but you cancelled that at 558sec into the flight & continued. The flight was really sketchy connection wise ... you should have aborted this flight long before this.

(Click on all pictures below to make them larger)
1614939455503.png

Here below is a chart with all interesting data regarding the flight ... the markers is placed just in the end & you can read off the last values from the chosen graphs under the chart ... will not go into what everything shows, instead just come to the conclusion directly further below.

1614939707559.png

There in the end you had 17% (on the way to drop to 16%) battery left ... & depending on the height your AC was at the low battery force land was defined to 14% battery. Your failsafe setting was GoHome & the RTH height 100m (but as you were at 113m the AC would have remained at that height) so in case of a signal loss longer than 2sec the craft would have started the failsafe RTH by first start to backtrack the flight route for a maximum of 60sec.

1614940010675.png
But as you only had about 2% battery left to low battery landing ... and with an interpolated consumption of 13,1sec flight/battery % ... you only had 26,2sec flight time left. Take away 2sec waiting time before the backtrack started & you had approx 24,2sec flight time left for the actual backtrack ... & with 14m/s that would mean 336m until landing.

So moving back & follow the earlier route 336m your AC likely ended up here when the low battery landing kicked in. Have noted the GPS coordinates in the picture.

1614940412299.png

its all alone out there a **** do i miss it

If it's been exposed to the elements for a year and a half... If it wasn't swept away or taken by someone in the meantime it's pretty certainly only good for the trash even if found again.

If it's been exposed to the elements for a year and a half... If it wasn't swept away or taken by someone in the meantime it's pretty certainly only good for the trash even if found again.
Wow brilliant how you work all that out spot on ,glad I only fly with full battery, let's hope the owner learnt a lesson great reading.

Wow brilliant how you work all that out spot on ,glad I only fly with full battery, let's hope the owner learnt a lesson great reading.
I flew three times in a row I was videoing something and I pushed every button for her to come home believe me off that.. however the screen went black And the remote wasn't receiving the Shi app shut off and would connect .. .. I would have had that last vide and been back home with no problem as usual .. note . The escape . Not enough force pushed 3/4 times by me was the only thing and the last thing I was able to do. .

Just wondering..... Have you searched that area that the map shows?

... I pushed every button for her to come home believe me off that.. however the screen went black

...I would have had that last vide and been back home with no problem as usual

When your RC have been disconnected from your AC you can push the RTH button as much as you want ... nothing will reach to the AC though, that's why no RTH was initiated.

There in the end just before the final disconnect you were actively flying the AC with a mix of full elevator (for forward)+ full right aileron (for flight to the right) ... & you also were putting in a sporadic yaw rotation. Didn't look like you were in a hurry to get back home?

Right there & then you had 26,2sec of flight left until the forced low battery auto land would have kicked in ... & you were 410m away in a straight line from the HP ... with a 14m/s speed you had managed to get 366m until landing.

To me that seems to be pushing it a bit to far ...

Try to visit the position I've market in the sat picture ... maybe you can find it near there.

When your RC have been disconnected from your AC you can push the RTH button as much as you want ... nothing will reach to the AC though, that's why no RTH was initiated.

There in the end just before the final disconnect you were actively flying the AC with a mix of full elevator (for forward)+ full right aileron (for flight to the right) ... & you also were putting in a sporadic yaw rotation. Didn't look like you were in a hurry to get back home?

Right there & then you had 26,2sec of flight left until the forced low battery auto land would have kicked in ... & you were 410m away in a straight line from the HP ... with a 14m/s speed you had managed to get 366m until landing.

To me that seems to be pushing it a bit to far ...

Try to visit the position I've market in the sat picture ... maybe you can find it near there.
Ya I'm gonna head out there this afternoon .. thank you by the way.. looks like u know what your talking about .. I got my fingers crossed and I got faith in ya . :)

Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121