DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help shooting at night

veryzebra

Reactions
Been doing a lot of video pre-sunrise and post-sunset. But the lighting is tough. First few mins of the below is good at day, but suggestions for adjusting the exposure at night?

I don't know what camera you're using, but usually by an hour after sunset, it's over. Real true night is usually just too contrasty. Even my Nikon Z6II has had enough by an hour after sunset and that's a still camera.

Reactions: veryzebra
Been doing a lot of video pre-sunrise and post-sunset. But the lighting is tough. First few mins of the below is good at day, but suggestions for adjusting the exposure at night?
I think the exposure in the darker night is just fine. After all, it is nighttime. To me, the video does a great job of showing what the scenes actually look like.

Too bad about the color of those lights on the ship, like those old sodium-vapor street lights.

You did some very nice flying to get that footage.

Reactions: veryzebra
I think the exposure in the darker night is just fine. After all, it is nighttime. To me, the video does a great job of showing what the scenes actually look like.

Too bad about the color of those lights on the ship, like those old sodium-vapor street lights.

You did some very nice flying to get that footage.
Thank you. Yeah, maybe I just expect too much. I thought the low light would be better, but then again my human eyes can't see that well either. Agree on the ship lighting. Last week though I was following a ship alll the way in then about 3 mins before the bridge they turned off their lights. It was like oh no they didn't what, lol. Definitely fun playing with different angles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven