DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help to decipher flight record after crash

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I need help deciphering a flight record for my DJI FPV drone. The link is:

I was messing around with the parameters and changed sport mode to atti mode. The drone seemed to fly fine. Just under 3 minutes into the flight, the drone tipped sideways and drops out of the sky. It lost video feed just after tipping.

I located the drone today in a wooded area. The battery cable was unplugged when i found it. I'm trying to figure out if the cable came unplugged during flight or if the crash was a result of me changing the parameters.

I appreciate any help and feedback on this,

Thanks,

SH

slup

Reactions
Messing with parameters on a FPV drone to get ATTI... when you already have a full manual mode?

The log indicate that the rear right corner lost thrust (failing motor or prop) which made the drone pitch up, roll over to the right & going down spiraling CW. A loss of power isn't likely as the first part of the disaster was recorded in the log...

1673729541137.png

Last edited:
Reactions: solidhouse

solidhouse

Reactions
Messing with parameters on a FPV drone to get ATTI... when you already have a full manual mode?

The log indicate that the rear right corner lost thrust (failing motor or prop) which made the drone pitch up, roll over to the right & going down spiraling CW. A loss of power isn't likely as the first part of the disaster was recorded in the log...

View attachment 159488
Yes, I know, not too smart.

Thanks for the input. Interesting that the right rear prop was broken to pieces when I found it. The others were intact. They were master Airscrew. I think I’ll stick with DJI props going forward.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

Reactions
Thanks for the input. Interesting that the right rear prop was broken to pieces when I found it. The others were intact. They were master Airscrew. I think I’ll stick with DJI props going forward.
Those Master Airscrew props are extremely fragile and brittle. My only crashes have been when flying with them. Coincidence? I think not! The more robust DJI props can even trim trees and still fly the drone home! I no longer use the Master Airscrew props.

Reactions: solidhouse

solidhouse

Reactions
Those Master Airscrew props are extremely fragile and brittle. My only crashes have been when flying with them. Coincidence? I think not! The more robust DJI props can even trim trees and still fly the drone home! I no longer use the Master Airscrew props.
I’ve noticed how brittle MA are when I hit a branch or something. I’m only going to use original props for here on out.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josejose123