DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Info on Mavic/DJI repairs

Robert Mitchell

Reactions
The Mavic will be my first DJI drone, although I have used DJI components for a long time.

First some background: I am part 107 UAV certified, have extensive background in aircraft and drone repairs and have been flying competitors drones for several years now. In the past I have handled all my repairs and upgrades.

So, the question is, for all of the previous DJI users and owners; According to your past experience with DJI, are parts and technical data readily available for their products, or is it a "send it back and wait forever" for the smallest defect?

In other words, if an ESC or motor goes out, or an arm gets broken, can I get those items, and have it up and going as soon as I get the parts?

Bottom line: What's been the experience for you that are technically inclined to do your own thing from time to time?

What's been the experience for you that are technically inclined to do your own thing from time to time?
As new DJI models are released, it becomes harder and/or more tedious to replace parts and to source them. That leads to less people attempting their own repairs and less information available in places like YouTube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom