DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor went crazy on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great advice. I have already done 1&2. Now need to post some photos. Btw...Your photos are GREAT!

CAP does not use drones for SAR over water. We have Cessna 172s and 182s for that. In that regard, I am a Mission Observer (navigator) and Airborne Photographer.

Now, two questions for you. 1) How do you put photos in messages? I have only been able to make attachments. 2) How do I start a new post, not a reply?

Starting a new post: go to the main forum
Screenshot 05-09-2020 12.56.32.jpg

Screenshot 05-09-2020 12.57.52.jpg

What people need to know is, also what you need to tell people is you may not be the only one flying the drone. There could be other people but because they just see you and the drone, they think All drones in the air are flown by you. Now, this can be a great stereotype for other things but also a negative one as well. It's like if you are the only one with a red Lamborghini then when they see one they think it's you but in fact there could be more than one w/ the same make, model, and color. It's kind of like racial profiling. When I fly, no one seems to care and in fact, they like it by smiling at the drone but this is New Jersey where most of the people who are outside are social. If questions are asked, just answer them and let people know you may not be the only one who is flying. Give them some kind of brochure to show them about the hobby and the commercial aspects of it so they can feel more at ease.
I did. She asked well how far away can they be and I said up to 2km in some instances.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So 3 weeks in to the hobby and had a neighbor now come to me angry.

last evening I was flying during sunset and shooting the sun. Well today I take off a little bit ago and I was 300 ft over her house flying forward. Not stationary mind you. Well I see this car pull up to my driveway and this woman jumps out and says are you flying a drone. I replied yes. She said well last evening we were getting ready for camping in our back yard and a drone scared my young son as he was in the tent getting ready for camping. We thought maybe its a pervert but it came right down over us. I called the police and they said they weren't using any drones.

I said well if it came right down over you guys then that wasn't me. I am flying legal when I fly. She says well ok I love in the big house with the red roof. Trying to be a hot shot the way she said that.

she then replies well they are patrolling for a drone now in the evening and night.

I am in Florida. What if any laws could I be in violation of?
Google drone laws for Florida then local ordinances for city/county in which you reside. State laws vary. Don’t take legal advice from non-lawyers.

You could always suggest that she contact you the next time she sees this low flying drone over her property and that you could possibly quickly launch and see if you can track where that rogue spying drone it flying from and help her to report that flyer. You probably won't hear from her again after that.

Does she need to tell me when she is going to camp in her backyard? No.

Well, technically, she would need to tell you she was camping in her back yard for you to know because she has what you describe as an 8 foot privacy fence, right? In other words, you cannot see over the fence into her backyard from the public street, can you?

She has an 8 foot privacy fence around...

She lives about 3,000 plus yards away...I know it was not me based on her description flying that low. Apparently it was so low it scared her son...she is mad about a drone flying over and spying. Furthest thing from my mind ever. In fact based on my knowledge of Florida love and flying over property she was standing in my grass so in fact she trespassed more than me ha ha ha ha

So, you are saying that you are standing with the controller 9,000 feet away from where your drone is flying, is that right?

I have one higher authority that controls me. The FAA. If I'm legal in the eyes then that's all that matters.

Okay. But then why not confront the police who are patrolling your HOA neighborhood and explain all of this to them? Give them your flight records and see if that clears up your rights to fly.

So 3 weeks in to the hobby and had a neighbor now come to me angry.

last evening I was flying during sunset and shooting the sun. Well today I take off a little bit ago and I was 300 ft over her house flying forward. Not stationary mind you. Well I see this car pull up to my driveway and this woman jumps out and says are you flying a drone. I replied yes. She said well last evening we were getting ready for camping in our back yard and a drone scared my young son as he was in the tent getting ready for camping. We thought maybe its a pervert but it came right down over us. I called the police and they said they weren't using any drones.

I said well if it came right down over you guys then that wasn't me. I am flying legal when I fly. She says well ok I love in the big house with the red roof. Trying to be a hot shot the way she said that.

she then replies well they are patrolling for a drone now in the evening and night.

I am in Florida. What if any laws could I be in violation of?
Apparently you can't enjoy the Awsome sunsets in the sunshine state...dang...be smart fly safe

were beating a dead horse here
I just noticed after having to delete several post.
When I have time to read all this it might be more.
I beleave from what I have read though you guys
have about got it all covered so let’s just let this go
to sleep .

CLOSED

Reactions: Gkinghrn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads