DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Neighbor went crazy on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did not say it was illegal. Yes you can do it ... and yes it can be inconsiderate ... My personal view is flying over someone else's property in a built up neighbourhood is inconsiderate regardless of the law - I know I do not want someone flying over my house recording me in my back garden - ... sometimes you need to think how others feel when someone flies over their head with a camera recording it - How do they know you aent doing anything circumspect with that recording.

We clearly disagree on what is considerate flying ....
But Gkinghrn, being in the UK, you're being recorded everywhere you go. You may not be recorded when you're on the loo....but.....you may be. ;)

you say ..... and im not saying thats not true but its only your side of the story here ...lets say you were over her house but were unaware you were ..would that change your view?

Reactions: SXViper03
But Gkinghrn, being in the UK, you're being recorded everywhere you go. You may not be recorded when you're on the loo....but.....you may be. ;)
it will only get worse too with the Covid tracing app ..anyway could be worse..could be in China:eek:

But again I was never over her house
What about neighbors looking down at of the second story window into ones backyard. Same type of stuff. But again I was not over her house at all. I was 30 yards off her property line 400ft in the air. Now I don't expect her to know which way the camera was facing but to come down with threats and actually following through on those threats is where I have a problem. She comes here again I will call the cops for trespassing. She how she likes that. She will hop in that car and speed home. Little does she know my cameras will have all the proof. Two can play that game but I'd rather not. I'm tired of being being able to think they can walk over others juat because it isn't what they want. Regardless of the fact if it's legal if someone doesn't like something someone is doing even legal then they feel they can make someone else's life hell.

time to reverse it on her should she come here again. Now please understand I do not and will not fly over her house or intially antagonize her ever and egg her on. But should this same type of incident happen again andshe finds yher self on my property well the camera doesn't lie. Let's see howshe likes the cops but I'll be the one that has a legitimate claim.

Reactions: Gkinghrn
you say ..... and im not saying thats not true but its only your side of the story here ...lets say you were over her house but were unaware you were ..would that change your view?
I would be understanding. But she said it flew down and was terrorizing them in the tent and her son was really scared. That is where I have the problem. Sure you don't want me over your home even though that's allowed fine. But I wasn't. Never was nor was I flying down and terrorizing your son or anyone in a tent.

the world is full of nutters sadly...

A lot of consternation about your lady neighbor. Put on your man pants Karen and get on with life.

Cops in Florida are the ones who are heavily regulated. They can fly it in exigency or with a warrant. Unless there is some strange city/county ordinance there is zero the police can do about you flying.

The only exceptions is sporting events, managed lands or large private areas like Disney.

Everything else falls the FAA guidelines.

That situation sounds very awkward. It also highlights the peculiar nature of USA normality . . .whereby someone can pop into their house, grab a gun and blast your drone out of the skies. (!!) Here in the UK, and most other countries I can think of, people don't have guns . . they are illegal. I wonder why?? :D

A lot of consternation about your lady neighbor. Put on your man pants Karen and get on with life.

Cops in Florida are the ones who are heavily regulated. They can fly it in exigency or with a warrant. Unless there is some strange city/county ordinance there is zero the police can do about you flying.

The only exceptions is sporting events, managed lands or large private areas like Disney.

Everything else falls the FAA guidelines.
They are on. Just don't like be falsely accused being a pervert

That situation sounds very awkward. It also highlights the peculiar nature of USA normality . . .whereby someone can pop into their house, grab a gun and blast your drone out of the skies. (!!) Here in the UK, and most other countries I can think of, people don't have guns . . they are illegal. I wonder why?? :D
That's why I would hate living there. Good luck defending yourself should something go down

That's why I would hate living there. Good luck defending yourself should something go down
Ha ha . . .that's the exact problem. Maybe if you buy a battle tank you'll be able to defend yourself properly. . . .or possibly get a warplane instead of a drone.

Because you (collectively) laid down and gave up your rights? And it is illegal to shoot at a drone. ;) :D

I think it's also illegal to shoot people . . checkout the murder stats !!.Yeah, make America great again . :D
It's also illegal to hack them to death with machettes and run them down with vehicles....and yet it still happens.....everywhere.

Reactions: Jonathonmp
Jon - I believe you're overthinking this. Why do you think the law enforcement patrol is around because of your drone!? They are patrolling all neighborhoods due to this Co-V issue. Re; the neighbor's sign. Make a formal complaint to the HOA ASAP. It is provocative, false and unlawful (if it can be viewed by the public). Alternately, have your legal counsel send her a nice cease and desist letter.

Because you (collectively) laid down and gave up your rights? And it is illegal to shoot at a drone. ;) :D
its also illegal to shoot other people but that doesnt stop a lot of you .... ;) and as for our rights we preferred to live in a society where not living with a fear of being shot was a distinct possiblity...

its also illegal to shoot other people but that doesnt stop a lot of you .... ;) and as for our rights we preferred to live in a society where not living with a fear of being shot was a distinct possiblity...
You are so right. That is such a good point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne