DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Netherlands restrictions

phos

Reactions
Hi all. I saw many drone videos in internet in prohibited areas. Can I fly my drone over the center of Amsterdam? Not for commercial use. Is possible to have problems with the authorities? Does anyone has experience in Amsterdam or in other places in Netherlands?

Thanks for your help. I think that the authorities don't bother unless someone call them.

Quite apart from the fact that it's an urban area which you're not allowed to fly over, most of Amsterdam is within the NFZ for Schiphol airport. Flying in this sort of area without specific permission is a serious offence, not to mention the potential danger it poses to aircraft operating around the airport. Sadly, the more that people ignore these rules, the more restrictive the rules (and associated penalties) become.

Reactions: slup
The city of Amsterdam is for 90% ( touristic centre 100% !!) in the no fly zone of our national airport Schiphol, so don't be so stupid to fly there. In the Netherlands it is forbidden to fly over buildings and over people. Amsterdam is full of buildings and people. A fine can amount to a maximum of 7,800 euros! In addition, your drone can be confiscated.

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 15.55.22.png

In the Netherlands, like in many other countries, it is not allowed to fly over closed housing-areas and/or groups of people. The red circle gives you a NFZ, and NO fly means NO fly. Fines are pretty heavy, and it will not only the plice, also other official enforcement officers (BOAs) are able and willing to act on people flying drones in restricted areas.

Be a good representative of the drone community, stick to the rules, it will benefit all.

Just checked for myself (I am in Groningen tomorrow), this link might help you:

In general, max. altitude is 120 meters, VLOS only, no night flights.

If you understand dutch, this link might be helpfull, if not, let me know if you need a translation.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven