DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never Crashed Survey

Not yet. Came close to flying sideways into trees and cliffs, once when I lost connection.

no crashes
due to
no flights
yet:p

I've been fortunate. 228 flights, 25 hrs since 11/20/16.....no crashes, toilet bowl effect, fly aways or any other type of loss of control flights. My only incident has been a broken RC antenna which I have no idea how it happened.

Note: I'll be more than a little peeved if I just jinxed myself by replying to this question.

Reactions: gunny0628
On my second day of learning to fly I had the Mavic hovering about 5 feet off the ground in front of me. The camera was facing away from me and I wanted to rotate the Mavic around so it was facing me. My brain got confused and instead of moving the left joystick to the right to rotate the Mavic I moved the right joystick to the right. The Mavic promptly flew sideways into a tall potted plant.

I was very lucky! The Mavic got tangled up in the plant and the motors shut off automatically. The tangling prevented the Mavic from falling to the ground. The only damage was a crack/tear in one of the propellers. Not a single problem anywhere else on the Mavic. Not even a scuff mark. The camera still has a proper horizon and everything operates perfectly.

i-T8hsgz8-X2.jpg

I plan that to be my first and ONLY crash.

Mark

Reactions: jakub
On my second day of learning to fly I had the Mavic hovering about 5 feet off the ground in front of me. The camera was facing away from me and I wanted to rotate the Mavic around so it was facing me. My brain got confused and instead of moving the left joystick to the right to rotate the Mavic I moved the right joystick to the right. The Mavic promptly flew sideways into a tall potted plant.

I was very lucky! The Mavic got tangled up in the plant and the motors shut off automatically. The tangling prevented the Mavic from falling to the ground. The only damage was a crack/tear in one of the propellers. Not a single problem anywhere else on the Mavic. Not even a scuff mark. The camera still has a proper horizon and everything operates perfectly.

i-T8hsgz8-X2.jpg

I plan that to be my first and ONLY crash.

Mark
brain confusions are dangerous indeed, glad to hear she's ok!

51 flights on the Mavic
Several hundred on a P2V+
No crashes on either.

I can't say that with my experiences with old-school RC helicopters and planes. I have buried many. Many operator error, some mechanical failure, some radio failure.

Flying very little since starting, with no previous drone or RC experience, last June, maybe 30 flights so far but thankfully never crashed, not even a close call. Did have a top gimbal motor burn out for absolutely no reason, so that was an expense. I flew it and then put it away and a few hours later, went to fly it again and it kept clicking as if trying to come up into position and then stopping, as the camera tried to rotate upright. However, I am very careful when flying and still have so much to learn flying my Mavic, but love it when I do get to fly and film with it.

I haven't crashed. Perhaps due to flying crappy less than 50 dollars drones that you have to control throttle to hover. Crashed those like a thousand times. :)

Only have like flights on mine so far but no crashes at all yet and hoping to keep it that way too!

Saw this post this morning and and made a mental note to reply this evening.

Went for a flight this afternoon and wouldn't you know it first crash, very little damage 2 chipped props and bruised ego. [emoji15]

No crashes since I got my Mavic one year ago or with my new Spark. I find I fly much faster and more radically now because I am more experienced. I think I am more likely to crash in the future because of it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent