DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never reached more than a 300 meters range !

Rhinofeross

Reactions
Hello Mavic fellows !

Problem?
My Mavic air has a very limited range. It's brand new, I bought it for a trip in Indonesia. After 50 meters, it starts to have lag, and I never flew beyond 300 meters.
Was unit in a crash?
No
What have you tried so far?
I try to point the remote toward the drone, as best as I can... WiFi settings are in auto mode.
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Google Pixel 3 (android)
What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Aircraft : 01.00.0620
Remote : 01.00.0200
What Go app version are you using?
DJI GO 4 v4.3.25
Any modification?
(if so what)
No
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
Sorry no, I am still travelling and don't have a computer with me

Indonesia is not supposed to have strong interferences, and I flew the drone in several different conditions with approximately the same limited range : beach, country side, big city (Singapore), derelict building...

I am so jealous when I read on this forum people flying as far as 3600 meters !
Cheers !

were did you buy the drone , sounds like its set to the short flight mode , CE mode not Fcc
I bought it in France, and I am currently in Indonesia. I didn't know about CE and FCC modes, so I watched some tutorials with the fake GPS trick to switch to FCC. I will definitely give it a try, I'll keep you posted...

I bought it in France, and I am currently in Indonesia. I didn't know about CE and FCC modes, so I watched some tutorials with the fake GPS trick to switch to FCC. I will definitely give it a try, I'll keep you posted...
Yes let us know what happens, good luck Thumbswayup :)

Reactions: dawgpilot
1 kilometer !
That's the distance I reached today... I am still thrilled when I think about it. So the trick worked perfectly and the FCC mode is definitely what I need to unlock the full potential of the Mavic air, CE mode sucks !
I turned back after 1km because I tried to jump from an island to another, and being above the ocean didn't make me feel comfortable for a first attempt, but almost no lag, no freeze, this little guy is a beast ?
I am so grateful for your help guys, and special thanks to Bigbird48 !

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure