DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New 2 pro, no control sticks?

Schadenfreude

Reactions
Hello all, new owner of a Mavic 2 Pro and have an unboxing issue. There are no control sticks in the box anywhere. No spares and none in the controller. None hiding in the packaging. Have any of you encountered this before?

I have customer care looking into it but I'm not confident they'll come through.

The system was bought at Best Buy by my wife for me as a gift. The packaging was sealed and everything looks new. She says there's a 15% restocking fee. Obviously new sticks would be less than the fee, but I could push best buy if DJI falls through, as I think missing parts should be considered a defect. Should I swap it for a new unit, or give DJI a chance to mail me sticks?

They should be in a little plastic bag with all the cables and adapters, not pre-fitted to the controller or in the little storage slots behind the arms of the RC. Given how many of the little baggies there were (some of which I still haven't needed to open!) I'd double check, just in case you thought it was yet another adapter cable or something.

PS. Welcome to the forum, and hope you get flying soon!

Reactions: FoxhallGH
That's a little bizarre.

I'd push Best Buy to sort this out and point this out to the person you're dealing with:
Best Buy ends (most) restocking fees

==
That's good to know. Thanks! BB does mention a 15% fee on the receipt but also that it's s bought over the holidays qualify for a longer period. I think the item being defective buys me a little bit more justification to exchange it.

They should be in a little plastic bag with all the cables and adapters, not pre-fitted to the controller or in the little storage slots behind the arms of the RC. Given how many of the little baggies there were (some of which I still haven't needed to open!) I'd double check, just in case you thought it was yet another adapter cable or something.

PS. Welcome to the forum, and hope you get flying soon!

Thanks for the help!

I had 3 adapters, a USB cable, and 3 pairs of props in the bags. I've torn through the box several times to look again because this is so unusual. I buy lots of electronics and have never been missing a part. Ikea furniture sure I expect this kind of thing, but electronics companies have batted 1000!

Reactions: smoothie
Best buy did an exchange. The service guy was surprised they were missing but couldn't find them either. Manager was not pleased to waive the restocking fee but due to the holiday exchange period she caved.

The new unit has the sticks and spares right where I expected them to be, as demonstrated in the video above.

Thanks everyone!

The manager needs to be reported to someone higher up the food chain . You didn’t want a exchange because you changed your mind with the purchase. Parts were missing ; plain and simple just like her

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d