DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Alientech Pro 5.8Ghz

$350. I guess if I really want to stalk my X with my DJI Spark from a 10km distance, this is the antenna to buy. For now, I'll stick to my minimalist 4Hawks Raptor antenna.

$350. I guess if I really want to stalk my X with my DJI Spark from a 10km distance, this is the antenna to buy. For now, I'll stick to my minimalist 4Hawks Raptor antenna.
Firstable non of my X’s are worth stalking. Second we don’t all have the same interference issues. I live in an area with high interference and so far I have tried Titan cyclone, 4hawks SR on its own and amplified with 4watt 5.8ghz and non had worked for me. Now I’m waiting on some 7dbi Omni antennas to test with amps and see how it works. On stock I can only do about 600ft before losing connection on 2.4 and 800ft on 5.8. The cyclone got me 2300ft and 4hawks 1600ft.

it does have a quick connect but after you have installed the sma to mmcx connector inside the the RC. i have never flown in downtown where I live, but I might in a few weeks. then I'll know for sure if the 4hawks connection holds up.

Looks like new antenna coming out next month and sounds interesting. Small and quick connects, supports 2.4 and 5.8. Hopefully we get some reviews soon about performance. Not sure if performance will be that great with antennas being that small.

ALIENTECH PRO 5.8G Signal Booster for Dji drone mavic air spark phantom 4pro inspire 2 m200/600
I got one of them I dont know what I may be doing wrong, I can fly out 8-10K ft and at the very first signal fade, I loose control (disconnected) and dont regain signal and control until the drone is within 2000 ft of being back home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have flown out 10-12K ft with the regular stock antennas, and when lost signal, regained it back as soon as it turned to home usually within a couple hundred feet.

I got one of them I dont know what I may be doing wrong, I can fly out 8-10K ft and at the very first signal fade, I loose control (disconnected) and dont regain signal and control until the drone is within 2000 ft of being back home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have flown out 10-12K ft with the regular stock antennas, and when lost signal, regained it back as soon as it turned to home usually within a couple hundred feet.
I have had the 2.4GHz model for my MPP for some time. It works like a charm with full signal strength out to 3 miles plus. Note that part of the price for strength is a more focused control signal beam and unidirectional from the Alientech. So at distance the direction you point the antenna is very important. When testing in the AZ desert I was able to get out over 4.5 miles before signal attenuation showed on the controller (CS).

The signal beam becomes progressively narrower as you approach the limits of connection. Assuming RTH functions correctly (just in case), you could slightly move the direction of the antenna and see if contact is reestablished spontaneously. I wish I could use 5.8 GHz with my MPP as this should work much better in a city or clustered environment.

I have had the 2.4GHz model for my MPP for some time. It works like a charm with full signal strength out to 3 miles plus. Note that part of the price for strength is a more focused control signal beam and unidirectional from the Alientech. So at distance the direction you point the antenna is very important. When testing in the AZ desert I was able to get out over 4.5 miles before signal attenuation showed on the controller (CS).

The signal beam becomes progressively narrower as you approach the limits of connection. Assuming RTH functions correctly (just in case), you could slightly move the direction of the antenna and see if contact is reestablished spontaneously. I wish I could use 5.8 GHz with my MPP as this should work much better in a city or clustered environment.
i can have the antenna pointed right at it and once it drops signal the first time, it will not regain till the bird is almost back. 12K ft is the BEST I have gotten out over a lake with the 5.8, my complaint is, when signal glitches out, it isDONE till it gets almost back with its set to RTH when signal is lost

Reactions: Jeffm912
Just do people know ATP 5.8 ONLY does 5.8ghz.
Doesn't support M2's "dual Mod".Cant be switched to "2.4" either.
You need to buy both and swap them out

You need to get the DUO for Mavic 2, if you want both Frequencies
from one antenna. It is not BOOsted tho :(

Last edited:
Antennae augmentation by active electronic seems viable albeit cluttering with umbilicaled powering. Why cant entity just market condensed compact equal of same in mail back exchange program with inviting fee?
Would we ?
How many number of folks would?
Will the warranty be still six months by elex fatigue of transmitting field effect transistors tiring their trillions of cycling digital analog conversion bursts?

i can have the antenna pointed right at it and once it drops signal the first time, it will not regain till the bird is almost back. 12K ft is the BEST I have gotten out over a lake with the 5.8, my complaint is, when signal glitches out, it isDONE till it gets almost back with its set to RTH when signal is lost

ATP 5.8 is cant switch back and forth Occusync style, hence your total loss after the 5.8 ran out.
It couldn't switch to 2.4

Last edited:
Just do people know ATP 5.8 ONLY does 5.8ghz.
Doesn't support M2's "dual Mod".Cant be switched to "2.4" either.
You need to buy both and swap them out

You need to get the DUO for Mavic 2, if you want both Frequencies
from one antenna. It is not BOOsted tho :(
So I have the M2P. Which Aligntech booster should I get?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob G Sunrise Chaser