DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New app don't support the radar function

bunzik

Reactions
I updated the dji go 4 to the latest and now the radar ain't working and I scare to fly it like this

Android s8+

Reactions: goldpoacher
Same here, I would try a different location with good signals and no interference, shouldn't be scared to fly as long as all other safety features are working.

It's there.... tap the top right corner of the little map window in the bottom left.
The map window then turns into the radar.

I'll have to recheck but I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing?

After the update I was changing settings and I ran across the setting for turning radar on/off. It was set to "on" per the slode switch but the the entire selection and wording was "grayed out" as thought the feature was no longer adjustable. (But like I said, was in the "on" position)

However the first battery the "Red, Yellow, Green" gauge showing distance to an obstacle was not on the screen. Then doing the one of the battery updates it was back on the screen again. (?) Might have been the bag I keep the batteries in was sitting in front of the Mavic to trigger a warning once I fired up the props just to see if they worked? (Does the Mavic have some other type "Radar Screen" or info you are talking about?)

Ah!.... I understand you now.
I thought you meant the radar that shows you how the craft is oriented in relation to the controller.
You mean the proximity sensor 'curved bars' that are overlaid over the video feed, that change colour as you get closer / further away from objects.
Are you certain you had the collision avoidance turned on for your first battery?

I'm not sure which item is being called "Radar". But yes the proximity sensor 'curved bars' that are overlaid over the video feed, that change color as you get closer / further away from objects was "missing". Now that I rethink the steps, I did not change a thing after the first battery. However I did not start the props till after checking / setting everything back to what I wanted. Could be it was not "active" till the motors are running? (Seems to make sense it is not needed until the Mavic is about to take flight)

What is the item being talked about at the bottom of the screen that replaces the map? (I just use the map to see which direction the Mavic is pointed, something "better"?)

If you tap the upper right corner of the map window, it will change to a 'radar' - This will show you which way the craft is pointing in relation to the direction you are facing.
It's very useful if you are in a position whereby your Mavic is too far away / small in the sky to see which way it's oriented. i.e. if it's pointing the same direction you are facing, then it will get further away from you if you give it some forward stick. However, if you yaw the craft so that it is pointing towards you, then forward stick will bring it home.

Reactions: Path Finder
Perhaps I have never needed it as the Mavic is always over an area I have been to before. The map also shows the direction the Mavic is headed. Thanks for the tip, I will have to check it out.

Bunzik, sugest you uninstall Go4 and reinstall, may fix your problem of positioning Radar malfunction.

I updated the dji go 4 to the latest and now the radar ain't working and I scare to fly it like this

Android s8+

After updating the app on my Samsung S6 Active, the next flight I had no maps and my Mavic was not leaving the green tracer on the map for returning home. After looking into it it turns out it was because I was flying in Airplane mode and the offline maps I had previously downloaded weren't carried over to the new version. Re-downloaded maps and now everything is working well.

Now I just hope the Moverios work as well as my Zenpad 10, should be here tomorrow so I'm looking forward to testing them out.

-Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots