DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New awaited firmware, big brother is watching closer each day... I am paranoid.

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
Toll roads have been around for almost as long as we have had roads (~2700 years). What we gained 20 years ago was the ability to pay tolls without stopping.
Bottled water as we know it in plastic bottles has been around for 50 years. Water coolers have been around for a lot longer than that.
In the South, deed restrictions become a common way 100 years ago of segregating home ownership. These days, it's more or less a side affect of living in a HOA.

It's been 36 years since 1984. In a weird coincidence that has no other meaning, 36 years separates 1948 and 1984. When Orwell wrote "1984", he was talking about 1948 and the authoritarian dictatorships.

I don't see a monthly drone fee being enacted. People would just go back to building kit drones again. It would be a boon for GoPro as people would have a need to buy GoPro cameras again.

Commercial companies already "own" the ability to fly drones. For most use cases, it's more a novelty or publicity stunt than anything else. For package delivery, it's a very costly way to deliver to the last mile. Emergency delivery of medical supplies, S&R, and inspections make the most amount of sense for commercial drone use.
Wait and see, big brother "is" slowly, getting here, the camel now has his noise under the tent, it will come a little at a time, gun control as an example, first you must register, then some guns will be banned, most will think that's good idea, (now the camel has his noise under the tent,) then a few more, then a few more, just a very little at a time. each time people will think it's a good idea, this is only one example. by the time people wake up it's to late, I'm 87, I'll be long gone , but in my long life time I have seen the camel getting his noise under the tent and I fear for future generations.
My nickels worth

Reactions: Drgnfli
Wait and see, big brother "is" slowly, getting here, the camel now has his noise under the tent....
How does any of that lead to a monthly drone registration fee?

• Haha
Reactions: atsphenomenon
Come on peeps, could we please come back to Mavic Mini somehow and leave the ranting about modern times to the local pub?

Hey you kids..... get off my lawn!:mad:

Reactions: atsphenomenon
AMEM BROTHER

there are those that are paranoid about red light cameras taken there picture, so much so they voted to have them removed,
You go into a store (Walmart's for instance) look up, cameras everywhere, just not Walmart, (just about every store you go into),
Where I live just about every one has security cameras, they are everywhere,
You check out at the self check out, the computer takes your picture,
You get your picture taken hundreds of times a day.
when you check out at the store they scan you groceries, it gets recorded in a computer, the Government can look up to see how many rolls of toilet paper you bought .
I could go on and on,
Paranoid, (not me), I just know what's going on and except it.
My moto, change things you can, except things you can't.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Get out there & VOTE...

Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I’m not stressing or overly nervous about the situations unfolding. As for mellowing with age, at 64 if feel like if I mellow much more I’ll be comatose hahahahahaha. Just making an observation from my experiences over the last 60+ years. You have to admit, things have changed quite a bit over the last few decades. And mostly, not for the better. It will be interesting to see how things progress/digress in society over the next decade or 2.
I really feel sorry for our grandkids - they will never know what they missed...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots