DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Batteries Arrived Flat

kinross

Reactions
I just received my zoom from B&H which came with one battery. After pealing the sticker and checking it she was flat . Three weeks ago i ordered 3 other battery's for our work Mavic 2 Enterprise and after checking them yesterday they were dead as a door nail also. They have now all been charged but i haven't gotten them into the drone to confirm battery percentages. Is there anything i should be concerned about moving forward with them, who knows how long they were sitting flat in a warehouse.

They are in hibernation when you receive them & appear dead ... the first charge wakes them up. All is as it should ... would be really concerned if only on led blinked, that wouldn't be good.

They are in hibernation when you receive them & appear dead ... the first charge wakes them up. All is as it should ... would be really concerned if only on led blinked, that wouldn't be good.
Great, thankyou

I would do a few test flights and see if the duration is normal. If not, send it back to DJI for replacement

When I bought 3 replacement batteries last year, I initially put them on charge for a minute to wake them up so I could see what SoC they were shipped in. All were about 27%. Also 0 charge cycles.

Sometimes the production date isn’t available via the app.
Just an alternative method.

I just checked mine. One came with my M2Z two months old, and I purchased two others after, all from B&H. It says unknown model
made Dec. 27th 2003, really, 17 years old.

• Haha
Reactions: dawgpilot
I believe that's for the AC's SN.
But I was asking about the date on the battery and if the date you came up with was printed on the box the battery came in rather than the battery itself.

Not quite possible if it’s showing an 03 production date. The 2Pro and Zoom didn’t show up in the system until summer of 18. DJI founded around 2006.
Must be something else wrong.
Serial numbers are small and hard to read at times. The little round digits will only be a zero. DJI doesn’t use the letter “o”.
A picture of the s/n from the box would help get this answered.

But I was asking about the date on the battery and if the date you came up with was printed on the box the battery came in rather than the battery itself.
I just found my box the battery came in. The serial number is different and the date is June 2020, makes more sense.

On the battery there are two rows of letters and numbers, you need to put them all in. My other battery shows a date of Aug. 2020. So the number on the battery by the Q code is correct for finding the date. Thanks OP for asking about percentages, I learned something about the dates, and that's what this forum is about.

Not quite possible if it’s showing an 03 production date. The 2Pro and Zoom didn’t show up in the system until summer of 18. DJI founded around 2006.
Must be something else wrong.
Serial numbers are small and hard to read at times. The little round digits will only be a zero. DJI doesn’t use the letter “o”.
A picture of the s/n from the box would help get this answered.
I mean the tool is meant for the AC SN and probably won't work with the battery SN.

Works with any DJI product.
Try it yourself.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom