DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New battery won't charge

bobstaff

Reactions
I opened some new MP batteries and one won't take any kind of a charge at all. It was in storage for over a year.
I'm about ready to trash it but let's see if anyone has an answer.
There isn't even enough of a charge to power up the drone to try a software upgrade.
It has the dreaded 16 flashes of LED#1.

Just a thought: Have you tried to charge it without the charging hub? Is it possible to charge one battery at the time?

Mavic Air 2 Battery first time charging warning:

I wander if it's the same with Mavic Pro...

Last edited:
Ya, I tried charging without the hub a couple times, for a couple hours at a time.
I just get a steady flashing LED 1 that never changes.

Ya, I tried charging without the hub a couple times, for a couple hours at a time.
I just get a steady flashing LED 1 that never changes.
I see. I read about a guy having similar problem, he said that after 20 minutes it started charging. You had it on the charger for longer, so... I don't know.

A couple hours. But I am trying again.
It's giving me 16 quick flashes...then pause for about 5 seconds and another 16 flashes....and over and over again.
I'll leave plugged in for several hours again and see what happens.

Reactions: Dedal
Yup....had it plugged in to the charger all night and now no lights at all. Totally dead.

There are some relatively good RC (boat,car, plane etc) chargers available that sometimes (sometimes) can bring back bad batteries. I have used one of my more sophisticated chargers for my RC planes and cars for this issue. My success rate has been around 50% but if you have access to a smart balancing charger, you might want to give it a shot. I have brought back supposedly dead batteries from other devices. Just recently I revived a friends Canon camera battery that was ready for the trash can. I used a iCharger 106B Balancing charger. There are newer 'smart' chargers available, but they basically do the same thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13