DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Canadian rules

Maybe, maybe not. I tend to think that most people will register their drones and take the test because it's not that big of a deal in order to stay legal. At least I hope so.
Indeed. I fully intend to take the test. The aircraft registration was painless in time (5mins) and money ($5).

just talked to one company and they want 850 cd dollars for a 3 day course..lol

my understanding is the flight review is basically like your driving test

Maybe, maybe not. I tend to think that most people will register their drones and take the test because it's not that big of a deal in order to stay legal. At least I hope so.

Take a look at the "knowledge requirements" in the link in post #11.
Scroll down.......some more.....more.....go get a coffee .....keep scrolling.......more....
How many people that see all those requirements are going to be discouraged from attempting the test?

Also, once you register your drone they have a reference to check to see if you have your certificate.

Transport Canada also suggests that you take a course (more $$$ and travel) as some rules coming into effect have changed from the current proposed legislation.
Perhaps they will issue a study guide like the provinces do for driver's licenses? Or not.

Transport Canada also suggests that you take a course (more $$$ and travel) as some rules coming into effect have changed from the current proposed legislation.
Perhaps they will issue a study guide like the provinces do for driver's licenses? Or not.
I know Aerobotika had an online course as well as a classroom one over a weekend from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. It covered essentially everything that was in the knowledge requirements for the advanced operation license. I think past members of that course can even audit the updated one covering the new regs for free. I did the course last spring so I will have to look into it further.

I guess it is like anything else. Some people don't believe they have to follow the laws or just don't care to. Well screw them. I'll do my best to stay legal and follow the rules even if I don't always agree with them.

Reactions: Nomade and Gareeee
I guess it is like anything else. Some people don't believe they have to follow the laws or just don't care to. Well screw them. I'll do my best to stay legal and follow the rules even if I don't always agree with them.

I'll try to stay legal as well but I don't have to like it nor agree with it.
IMHO we Canuks are too ready to accept whatever is foisted on us by industry, government and special interest groups. This new legislation, at first glance, stinks of all three.

So much for my rant.
Have fun, fly safely.

Is it any tougher than the Boating test? I don't hear much grumbling about the online boating test in Canada.

LOL, I think the boating test was harder than this Basic test (assuming no preparation). I just did this Basic test and it is a lot of common sense questions.

Here’s a breakdown at the end of the test:

IMG_7491.JPG

Here is a photo of what’s shown on the Basic license.

91c8227e96d6cc0b667978ef54e3f940.jpg

id go after the advanced if line of site wasnt a rule..but then again maybe not because im guessing the original mavic might not pass the requirements..im courious what dji will send transport canada

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi