DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Canadian rules

I just did my basic, I've never studied anything drone related and had to google a few of the questions to get info.
It isn't hard, but it is a bit nonsensical.
Why do I need to know how many degrees are in a timezone for flying a drone?
I also got one question that specifically asked about flying within a restricted airspace which isn't even part of the basic license flying.

Reactions: Supguy
what exactly is "proper" lighting for night ops.. no info on that.. i like how its still kind of muddy like before..

what exactly is "proper" lighting for night ops.. no info on that.. i like how its still kind of muddy like before..

and the no fly zone now references "airports" not "aerodromes". Apparently aerodromes are essentially anywhere manned aircraft land/takeoff, whereas airports are registered or registered and certified aerodromes. My take, based on what I've gleaned today, is that only the certified airports have no fly restrictions. Of course you have to pay NavCan to get a list of certified airports.

and the no fly zone now references "airports" not "aerodromes". Apparently aerodromes are essentially anywhere manned aircraft land/takeoff, whereas airports are registered or registered and certified aerodromes. My take, based on what I've gleaned today, is that only the certified airports have no fly restrictions. Of course you have to pay NavCan to get a list of certified airports.

yeah, so that should mean an airport with a tower, that is active.. right??

yeah, so that should mean an airport with a tower, that is active.. right??

Don't know what the criteria is but I'll be asking the owners of several local private airstrips if they're certified, although I doubt they are.
If all this is correct info I wonder how long before DJI GO4 recognizes the changes.

If it's going to cost me $5 and I take an online test but gain a higher ceiling height then I'll take it.. If I have to shell out hundreds of dollars I'll not do it.

Keep your eyes open for drone sales lol

Basic test passed, 20 mins... pretty much common sense for anyone with some aircraft experience...

Congratulations, you passed the Small Basic Exam taken on January 9, 2019.
A Pilot Certificate - Basic Operations (PC1900951088) has been issued to you.

Reactions: maxpower
Basic test passed, 20 mins... pretty much common sense for anyone with some aircraft experience...

Congratulations, you passed the Small Basic Exam taken on January 9, 2019.
A Pilot Certificate - Basic Operations (PC1900951088) has been issued to you.

Ive seen information about different tests.. Was it just a basic one available?

should i read that link first before attempting or is it common sense?

Not so easy. Lots of questions about airports, airplanes and regulations.

where is the best place to read all these information? New to drones so probably don't know much about some of the things.

just talked to one company and they want 850 cd dollars for a 3 day course..lol

WTF - are you kidding me ?? That’s insane!
I just bought my drone for Xmas. Now I need to licence! That’s total BS
School LOL

There were airframe and notice to airmen questions, age and drinking, weather and icing, and a LOT of stuff that does not apply at all to drones. It was as much geared to airplane operations as it was to "classic" drones. How much wingtip icing is going to affect a model. C'mon. Get real people.

There were airframe and notice to airmen questions, age and drinking, weather and icing, and a LOT of stuff that does not apply at all to drones. It was as much geared to airplane operations as it was to "classic" drones. How much wingtip icing is going to affect a model. C'mon. Get real people.

and that's just for the basic?

I'm waiting for the thread of answers lol it will happen one day soon... Wing tip icing.. Smh.. Don't fly. Drones in bad weather...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe