DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Character Added!

Estabro

Reactions
Hello everyone, here to share and participate instead of just lurking in the shadows as just a spectator. Intermediate pilot from Southern Arizona, just for funsies with focus on exploration. My favorite thing to do living in rural AZ is surf Google earth for interesting spots, then drive there and explore. I've found abandoned quarries, silos, ghost towns, bridges; followed roads that start and lead to nowhere, previewed trails that need hiking, and scaled hidden canyons in the middle of nowhere. My drone of choice is the Mavic Air 2, but I've tried almost all of the DJI drones as well as several other of the more popular ones from Yuneec, Hubsan, Parrot, and Autel. My setup is constantly evolving, but I currently leave the house with a 17.3 inch galaxy view 2 tablet (w/anti glare screen protector, a must!), 6 full batteries, two full controllers, and basically spare everything. It all fits in my old HS backpack. I'm currently working on building a harness for the beast tablet so I can support the weight around my neck (5lb tablet!). Anyway, I am here to meet other like minded folks so hello and thanks for having me!20200715_074453.jpg20200802_080834.jpg20200802_081315.jpg

Welcome to the forum and once setup you got there know all you need is a sunshade for the screen I had a hard time finding one for my iPad 10.5 that I use with my Inspire
Yeah I've been pondering a sunshade, I have one for my phone, but there aren't even cases for this tablet let alone screen shade accessories. My current solution: find and purchase the umbrella hat. Would make me look cool as well.

Yeah I've been pondering a sunshade, I have one for my phone, but there aren't even cases for this tablet let alone screen shade accessories. My current solution: find and purchase the umbrella hat. Would make me look cool as well.
What size is the tablet

Welcome to our forum from Hauptmann, who flies the friendly skies of Texas!

Very kool looking setup. Love that monster display! Was at an AMA field near my home. One of their guys had a home-made, adjustable, shoulder-supported mount for his controller--maybe just what you're looking for. Impressed the heck out of me, so I took a pic of it. Can't find the photo, or I'd send it.

We have over 100,000 members worldwide--including many in AZ--who can help you progress as a pilot and photographer. Looks like you can help us just as well. Ask for help when you need it, and share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!

Welcome to our forum from Hauptmann, who flies the friendly skies of Texas!

Very kool looking setup. Love that monster display! Was at an AMA field near my home. One of their guys had a home-made, adjustable, shoulder-supported mount for his controller--maybe just what you're looking for. Impressed the heck out of me, so I took a pic of it. Can't find the photo, or I'd send it.

We have over 100,000 members worldwide--including many in AZ--who can help you progress as a pilot and photographer. Looks like you can help us just as well. Ask for help when you need it, and share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
Thanks! Yeah definitely going the home made route. I have a few extra tool bags around, I figured I'd rob a strap or two and rig something up. The screen is killer on the wrists so I usually sit down with it. I plan to fabricate something this week in the woodshop. I will update with pics once I do.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City. Nice setup.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Welcome to the forum! Some flyers join the forum, and you know right away they’re going to be contributing lots of great advice and sharing experiences. You’re certainly one of them...safe flying!

Reactions: mrjohnc1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife