Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Announcement Jan 23rd

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Reactions: USAirborne
I think this is fake. There’s only 1 or 2 articles about it on the whole internet. I mean look how bad the image quality is. I’m an intermediate graphic designer and I could make that. My skills shouldn’t be on par with a multi-million dollar company’s.

If it is legit though, rumors are that it is NOT the Mavic 2 that we’ve all been waiting for, but a smaller, lighter one titled the “Mavic Air” that’ll sit in between the Spark and Mavic. Which makes sense because we were all expecting a Fall release for the full on Mavic 2 that we’ve been waiting for. It kinda throws me off though because let’s face it- the Platinum was released just 3 months ago!!! What kind of marketing is that? We still haven’t seen the Phantom 5 either.

Last edited:
I think this is fake. There’s only 1 or 2 articles about it on the whole internet. I mean look how bad the image quality is. I’m an intermediate graphic designer and I could make that.

If it is legit though, rumors are that it is NOT the Mavic 2 that we’ve all been waiting for, but a smaller, lighter one titled the “Mavic Air” that’ll sit in between the Spark and Mavic. Which makes sense because we were all expecting a Fall release.
Only time will tell, however, it being the last day of CES and not to mention the interesting timing of Autel’s EVO Announcement. Seems like DJI would time it just right. Remember the Karma and the MP announcements in 2016?

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
Only time will tell, however, it being the last day of CES and not to mention the interesting timing of Autel’s EVO Announcement. Seems like DJI would time it just right. Remember the Karma and the MP announcements in 2016?

Yeah, but GoPro is a household name (even my mom knows what a GoPro is for crying out loud) so it’d make sense to worry about them releasing a similar drone at the time. No one’s even heard of Autel (At least I haven’t).

But ya never know. There’s posts from this very site about a DJI employee saying 2 drones are coming out. A new Mavic “Air” and a “720p toy drone that flips.” And they described the Tello perfectly and we know that exists now. So that article posting at the beginning of December has some credibility.

What I wonder if it’s real is if it’s going to be a Ryze brand drone like the Tello to help gain control of more of the market. Doubt it if they’re using the Mavic name.

Still think it’s fake though. That image quality is bad and no one is talking about it on social media or other websites. I’ve done my research and there’s a total of 2 articles on the entire internet and one references the other. If invites really were sent to press, we’d see it all over. I don’t buy it.

Last edited:
Yeah, but GoPro is a household name, so it’d make sense to worry about them releasing a similar drone. No one’s even heard of Autel. But ya never know. There’s other articles
Yeah, but GoPro is a household name (even my mom knows what a GoPro is for crying out loud) so it’d make sense to worry about them releasing a similar drone at the time. No one’s even heard of Autel (At least I haven’t).

But ya never know. There’s other articles out there about the DJI employees saying 2 drones are coming out. A new Mavic “Air” and a “720p toy drone that flips.” And they described the Tello perfectly and we know that exists now. So that article posting at the beginning of December has some credibility.

What I wonder if it’s real is if it’s going to be a Ryze brand drone like the Tello to help gain control of more of the market. Doubt it if they’re using the Mavic name.

Still think it’s fake though. That image quality is bad and no one is talking about it on social media or other websites. I’ve done my research and there’s a total of 2 articles on the entire internet and one references the other. If invites really were sent to press, we’d see it all over. I don’t buy it.
If you feel it is a fake press release, then I’m sure others will chime in. Many members of this forum we’re at CES.

I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a smaller Mavic with more features than the Spark.
Absolutely, a 250 scale Mavic! Folding Drone that could do 7 km range.
Basically a bad *** spark that has 3 axis gimbal with a 1 inch Sony sensor?
And folds up? Talk about a pocket drone. I’m in for that.

I think the announcement graphic tells us the new drone's name:

i-ShzwgfG.jpg

Mavic Adventure!

Mark

Reactions: GolPesar and Tyson
I don't believe a new Mavic is coming out..Think about what they could do better and everyone would say better camera is the priority..ok new Mavic with better camera will definitely kill phantom's market..who chose to buy a phantom is just for the quality of the image i guess....I hope I am wrong but I don't see how they can put out a better mavic without put to garbage their others models.

Looks like DJI is putting a one inch sensor on the Mavic and interchangeable lenses on the Phantom so they are targeting at different customers

Reactions: #28
I’m highly suspicious of this. The events for both the Mavic and Spark were held at 11:30 AM. The time on this graphic states 10:00 AM.

The graphic itself is low quality and let’s be honest- the Platinum was released 3 months ago! What kind of marketing is that?

Plus the “adventure unfolds” was used in the Platinum advertising. Would they really use it again?

There’s 2 articles on the entire internet about it and nowhere to be found on social media. Surely if invites truly were released it’d be all over. I don’t buy it.

The graphic itself is low quality and let’s be honest- the Platinum was released 3 months ago! What kind of marketing is that?

Plus the “adventure unfolds” was used in the Platinum advertising. Would they really use it again?

There’s 2 articles on the entire internet about it and nowhere to be found on social media. Surely if invites truly were released it’d be all over. I don’t buy it.
I didn't realize they used that slogan already, starting to really think this is just someone trolling.

Hey, Don’t shoot the messenger. I just pass the info along as they come off of the feeds.
Go after the authors of those articles and call them out.
If they are smart, they will most likely pull the articles.
However, it could be just about bringing traffic to their page.

Reactions: mrchris87

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54