DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

I believe that all of this is simply another case of an inadequately tested software product being released with a view to getting the early adopters to perform the beta testing. It would also seem that the FAQ on the DJI site is not up-to-date - for example, it states that support for the Mavic 2 is coming soon. It is evident that Mavic 2 support was added in one of the two updates which were published in the last couple of days - see earlier post from @Kilrah .

I don't think that we can expect DJI to throw a lot of funds and resources at what can best be described as a non-profit side project. Add to this the fact that Microsoft Windows is not their core OS platform and that they probably got a few kids to come in after school for a couple of weeks to knock up this simulator based on a popular Games platform SDK - LOL.

I'm predicting that the DJI simulator will eventually become a stable app and also be released for the Apple Mac and maybe iPad as well. A trouble-shooting guide will hopefully be published at a later date. Be patient folks.

Weird that supported aircraft includes the Mavic Pro but the Mavic Pro controller is not supported. I have tried everything including detailed instructions (see below) that I found with a youtube video showing the Mavic Pro controller being used with the simulator. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the Mavic Pro controller to work:-

So... what you need to do is following:
1.) Download and install DJI Assistant 2
2.) Download and install the DJI Simulator
3.) Deactivate Driver Signature Checking in Windows because the DJI drivers for the Remote are not properly signed so Windows 10 is denying the Installation of needed drivers: So hold SHIFT. Then RIGHT-klick on the Windows Symbol in the TaskBar in the lower left corner. klick on "Shutdown and Log Out" and "Restart" . Now slect "Troubleshoot" and "Advanced Options" and "Startup Settings" and then Click on "Restart" . In the following Menu is showing 9 Startup Options from which you can chose! .You need to chose the option "Disable driver signature enforcement" by pressing "7" on your keyboard. Now Windows is starting without Driver Signature checking. This is only temoporary till the next normal reboot. So, after selecting "7" windows is booting up without dirver signature checking.
4.) Install Drivers: Now connect your supported DJI Remote over USB to your computer. Go into the "Device Manager" of Windows. There you will see one or two new devices with a yellow triangle listed. For me it showed "CDC ACM DATA" as a new device. Right klick on it. Select "Update Driver" and Select the Driver Folder which is located in the "DJI Assistant" Folder where you installed "DJI Assistant". Click on "include all Subfolders" and click on next. Now you will be asked if you really want to install the appropriate drivers. Klick on YES and the drivers will be installed. Now start the Simulator and test if the Remote is working properly.
It should. That is what I have done to get my Mavic Air Remote Working with the simulator

Thank you, it worked for me.
But I don't think I have so good PC, no graphic card (a dedicated one I mean), so I couldn't pilot the drone properly, glitchy and a big latency.
But your procedure let me install the driver so the controller was recognized.
Thanks again!

Reactions: deleted member 877
Thank you, it worked for me.
But I don't think I have so good PC, no graphic card (a dedicated one I mean), so I couldn't pilot the drone properly, glitchy and a big latency.
But your procedure let me install the driver so the controller was recognized.
Thanks again!

Thanks but I can't take the credit - I just copied it from comments posted on Youtube. In any case I'm glad that you can now use the simulator. In my case even if I can eventually get it to work with the Mavic Pro controller my PC will be slow - that's the impression I get just going through the menus and screens.

@giusparsifal - which model controller are you using ?

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:
Great initial enthusiasm to download and test out the free trial has morphed into many hours of outright frustration. Took forever to download the launcher but that seems to work okay now. But, try as I might I have not been able to successfully install the actual simulator software. Error messages abound; the main two being "005_000{000/0086}" and
"005/001 {000/0100}". If anyone has any ideas what these codes are referring to and/or other options to run what seems like a great piece of kit, I would be extremely glad to hear from you.
Cheers to all Mavic Pilots. o_O:confused:;)

Thanks but I can't take the credit - I just copied it from comments posted on Youtube. In any case I'm glad that you can now use the simulator. In my case even if I can eventually get it to work with the Mavic Pro controller my PC will be slow - that's the impression I get just going through the menus and screens.

@giusparsifal - which model controller are you using ?

The original Mavic Air controller

Reactions: deleted member 877
Great initial enthusiasm to download and test out the free trial has morphed into many hours of outright frustration. Took forever to download the launcher but that seems to work okay now. But, try as I might I have not been able to successfully install the actual simulator software. Error messages abound; the main two being "005_000{000/0086}" and
"005/001 {000/0100}". If anyone has any ideas what these codes are referring to and/or other options to run what seems like a great piece of kit, I would be extremely glad to hear from you.

At one point I think I got those errors. Try uninstalling the app and re-installing - I know that it might want to download the 3 GB of data again but sometimes you have to put up with the pain even when there is no guarantee that the problem will be solved.

I was eventually able to successfully run the simulator but am still stuck at not being able to get the Mavic Pro controller to work - which is understandable considering that it's not officially supported. I was taking a punt that DJI may have had made a mistake (like they often do) and omitted it when publishing the FAQ doco.

Also with my experience, I had to change the Installation location to C:\DFS before it would successfully install. It didn't like the default folder - Program FIles (x86).

Since yesterday DJI has deleted the Mavic Pro from the FAQ list of support aircraft:-

1541213005130.png
But it is still listed in the app's release notes page:-

Attachments

• 1541213075564.png
    1541213075564.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 63

Right click the shortcut to the DFS and select run as Admin.
Open DFS App.
At the bottom it says modify, click that and point the app to the C: DFS.
Then click install.
That should work.

I have it loaded up on my good desktop at home, using a spare P3 controller and it all seems to be working great at this stage

I have had a Terrible time trying to get the download. I have a Super fast network with xfinity and the download just stumbles, 100 k/bus for 2-3 seconds then down to 24 for about 10 seconds, then 0 k/bus for the next 5 minutes. I have a Z book with 12 gb of RAM, core i7 processor, 500gb SSD running Win 7 pro. Am I wasting my time?

Buggy, but got it to install fine... looks pretty cool and I’m looking forward to the pro version... my daughter loves it too!!!

Attachments

• 4C92FBB0-0558-485E-A946-3D30722F2B82.jpeg
    4C92FBB0-0558-485E-A946-3D30722F2B82.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 4DA67731-40CF-4C0A-8508-4ACA373162BF.jpeg
    4DA67731-40CF-4C0A-8508-4ACA373162BF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: StevenM
Video flight sims are a major contributor to the decline in RC plane flying. I wonder if sims like this will have the same impact on drones? With all the regs and higher drone prices, it could.

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

Thanks!

Anyone know the price of the paid version?
I don’t see it listed anywhere?
Where they embarrassed to post it?

This video explains how to get the Mavic Air controller to work with the simulator for anyone who's interested.

I've just posted a new video showing a much easier method of getting the Mavic Air RC to work with the DJI Simulator. It also makes the RC work with DJI Assistant 2. I've read that some people say this method also makes it so that the Mavic Pro RC partially works. However, I don't have a Mavic Pro to be able to test it out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne