DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

I down loaded the program but can't get it to run.
I get a message "This program is blocked by a group policy."

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:
A little disappointed initially. First attempts to install were more than a bit frustrating, with perhaps five attempts all self-aborting, and displaying meaningless error messages. However, a timely and positive response from DJI offering a link to what I think my be a slightly re-worked and much cleaner looking 'Download' page which now appears on the DJI FS page bought good success. I certainly feel that "if at first you haven't succeeded, try, try again!" Uninstall and delete all vestiges of a previous install. Clean up you PC's registry, if needs be. Give this version a go; you might be pleasantly surprised.
Hopefully DJI will iron out bugs and quickly have all choices of aircraft and controllers functional - maybe in an early v2.0 release. I don't mind paying for something that will "work" well, but feel the free version has not inspired me enough to want to stump up the "ready's" for an enterprise version, just yet!

I lodged into My DJI account and predeceased to download the simulator I received a message " This program is blocked by a group policy. For more information contact your system administrator."
What Gives??

I lodged into My DJI account and predeceased to download the simulator I received a message " This program is blocked by a group policy. For more information contact your system administrator."
What Gives??

Just another one of the many reported issues related to the installation of DJI Simulator. There are remedies available to solve your problem - suggest using google to search for them.

How to make your Mavic Air Controller communicate with the DJI Flight Simulator

DJI Assist 2 is NOT needed!!!
Step 1: Find the directory that contains the Flight Simulator files
Mine was: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator
Step 2: Locate the file: dji_usb_5512_64_108
Step 3: Double click on it
Step 4: Fly and have fun

HI! Now the controller works... Thanks! But can't make it start flying! :-( I move both levels down and inside as normally one do to start the motors... but doesn't work! :-(

HI! Now the controller works... Thanks! But can't make it start flying! :-( I move both levels down and inside as normally one do to start the motors... but doesn't work! :-(

Try turning the controller upside down or move the sticks up and outwards - worked for me. Then I went into settings and changed the controller type.

Reactions: JGRR
Just another one of the many reported issues related to the installation of DJI Simulator. There are remedies available to solve your problem - suggest using google to search for them.
I'll try again when they get there **** together.

I'm quite disappointed too that DJI failed to offer a MAC version especially being that most graphics are done on a MAC. Hey DJI, if your listening when do you plan on releasing a MAC or IOS version ?
That hasn't been true for quite some time now. Apple really dropped the ball with Snow Leopard and really borked color management, network printing and file sharing.
Apple has pretty much stopped catering to graphics designers and focus on academics.

Ive installed the Free Trial - I cant get my Mavic Air Controller to be recognised on my laptop...
And the mouse doesnt work when the program is open...
No the mouse doesn't work - I think it has to do with teh Unreal game engine.
Anyway - been flying ti with the P4P controller - actually has a pretty accurate "feel" as far as the response of the bird. I've been focusing on honing my perspective - I'm very prone to overestimating how high something I'm trying to fly over and underestimating how low something is I'm trying to fly under. This has helped a lot. Quite a lot of creative things to fly under, over and through in the sim.
I took my Spark out today in teh real world and risked killing it in the trees and actually made it out unscathed. win! :) The sim seems to have helped me out some.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simmo

www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

Hello everyone,
I found out if you turn off driver signing in windows the DJI controllers will work. Though its not a permenant fix. Hope this helps for the moment. Btw i did actually do this myself. And it works

www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:

Hello everyone ,

If you turn off driver signing in windows. The DJI controllers will work. I confirmed and it works. Though its not a permanent fix. Hope this helps.

I just told Windows the drivers were trusted when it asked and they installed fine.

I am running Windows 10 and have not been able to run the simulator. It downloaded fine accepting it.
Yup - installed zero issues if you don't count the half dozen or so "do you trust drivers by <indecipherable Chinese>>"
Windows 10 Educational, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 CPU, 1060 Ti video card.

Reactions: Tom-Air
It runs perfectly for me, I'm using my second Inspire 1 controller though, not tried anything else.
Talk on Inspire Pilots is the full version will be $800.
I won't be buying at that price or a tenth of that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique