DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

I didn't read all the posts but... FYI you can fly without controllers for the time being.

WASD is your left stick. Arrow keys is your right stick. Press SD and Left Down as though you're taking off on a real controller and it'll take off.

F or J is to change perspectives (there's a human Simulator here too lol)

C is to cycle through cameras.

Navigate through menus with W and S and Enter.

P is to go back to menu when flying

That's about all I could find so far. This sim needs a beefy computer to run because it's so poorly optimized. Maybe future updates will fix it all.

I've just posted a new video showing a much easier method of getting the Mavic Air RC to work with the DJI Simulator. It also makes the RC work with DJI Assistant 2. I've read that some people say this method also makes it so that the Mavic Pro RC partially works. However, I don't have a Mavic Pro to be able to test it out.

That seems like a very easy way to install the drivers, thanks. After I installed the DFS when I click on it to run it the main window in the lower left corner says install. I watched your video and it looks like you clicked on that button to begin the simulator. When I click on it I get (see attached screen capture of error).

Attachments

• File Error.jpg
    File Error.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 26
That seems like a very easy way to install the drivers, thanks. After I installed the DFS when I click on it to run it the main window in the lower left corner says install. I watched your video and it looks like you clicked on that button to begin the simulator. When I click on it I get (see attached screen capture of error).
Update the simulator

Did you run the USB related executable file in the Installation folder as mentioned in a previous post on this thread? That should at least get the drone flying (then try pushing the sticks up and outwards - the opposite of what is normally done to start the motors).

Yes I did, haven't tried up-outwards sticks movement yet, will be the next thing to try. Thanks anyway.

But you can't change views which was a show stopper for me.

Have you tried possible keyboard and/or mouse combinations?
Well, I hope DJI will come up with something in the near future...

Just a stupid question: at the end of a flight, how can I exit the program? The only way I've found is CTRL+ALT+CANC and then abort the program.

Do you have a "D" drive with plenty of free space on it?

Just a stupid question: at the end of a flight, how can I exit the program? The only way I've found is CTRL+ALT+CANC and then abort the program.
Take snap shot of key board ans. most questions i think it was, i , that takes you to main menus to exit

20181101_045037.jpeg

Reactions: MavicNotMaveric
Have you tried possible keyboard and/or mouse combinations?
Well, I hope DJI will come up with something in the near future...

I'll try the keyboard to change the views/perspectives but to be honest, the sim runs like a dog (and I'm not talking greyhound) on my underpowered notebook with an i3 equivalent AMD chip. The work notebook is a fast i7 with SSD but unfortunately the I.T. department has locked it down so that only approved applications can be installed.

In any case, I would much rather get out in the fresh air and improve my piloting skills using the real thing. As a software developer, I already spend too much time in front of the computer screen :)

I give up, I'm uninstalling it. I keep getting the error. I'll wait for DJI to improve it! thanks

Right click on the shortcut, and run as administrator.
Go down the bottom and click modify....
Point the program at C: DFS and click install......

Right click on the shortcut, and run as administrator.
Go down the bottom and click modify....
Point the program at C: DFS and click install......
That extra data doesn't have to be installed in C:\DFS. As far as I can determine it can be installed in any (existing) directory on your PC.

I successfully installed the data in the DJI Flight Simulator directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator.

I installed the data there simply to help me keep track of everything associated with the program, and it works just fine there.

No matter which directory you choose, a new subdirectory is created with the name DFS_Shop. That new directory should contain gigabytes of data; the size of the subdirectory on my PC is a whopping 8.41 GB.

Larry

I just scanned through all 7 pages and did not see any answers.....

I installed this on my W10 machine and it opens up just fine. However, it does not work with my MPP controller?

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I am missing? Do I need to install/re-install drivers for this remote?

Is the MPP not supported with this simulator?

Thanks!

I installed this on my W10 machine and it opens up just fine. However, it does not work with my MPP controller?

Am I missing something here? Is there a setting I am missing? Do I need to install/re-install drivers for this remote?

Thanks!

The Mavic Pro RC is not officially supported for the sim. Some here have reported it partially working after getting the drivers properly installed. Several posts in this thread with those details.

I liked the video and I will try today after my work.

Thanks!
Go ito file manager, find the DFS folder in program files , x86, and click on usb something... .exe, install that and the RC will work.... partially...

Thanks!
run the file located in the program directory called dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

The joysticks and gimbal control on mavic 1 controller will then work.

Reactions: Brojon
I tried this last night. I was hoping it would be pretty realistic, but I find the controls to be way different than in real life. Much mushier than in real life. Also, the throttle reacts much slower than in real life. Also, I don't like how the camera behaves. When you are turning, it's not smooth. It's smooth at first then it jumps, and shifts like 30 degrees. It really throws you off. Also, when accelerating, they do like a zoom effect, which also messes with your perspective.

Pretty fun playing some of the games though.

DJI released a new drone flight simulator. It looks quit extensive and professional. There is a free version and a paid version (mostly for professional training). Most of DJI's professional and pro-sumer drones are available to fly. It has a mavic and a M2Z, but no M2P. Mavic 2 controllers don't work with it, yet (coming soon according to the FAQs). Most DJI non-Mavic controllers will work and you can also use a game controller.

Here's the download site:
www.dji.com/simulator

Here's the launch video:
Thanks for the info! Hope M2P will be added soon!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kento1328