DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW DJI FLY APP UPDATE FOR (ANDROID) VER. 1.4.12

CLAYB.7

Reactions
Hey Guys I just seen a new video for the new update for the DJI FLY APP FOR ANDROID VER. 1.4.12 and you can download it on the DJI website I think that it mostly is a stability update being there was reported stability issues with the 1.4.8 VER. I have not seen anything yet for IOS but stay tuned Thanks and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Noteworthy the download center details for version 1.4.12 does not include compatibility with the DJI Smart Controller.... hmmm.
There was another discussion yesterday regarding this version and a post was made that there were no issues with the SC. The only issue noted so far was the compass indicator not displaying correctly. Here is a video discussing that issue from that post.

Reactions: RandyV and CLAYB.7
The video is showing the issue with the home point versus aircraft position. So - no updates for me.

Reactions: RandyV
I've taken the plunge and installed the update. Seems to be working fine for me and my Mini 2. But when I did the install it asked something about whether I wanted my photos shared between the app and my phone photo album, and I said "no". I'm starting to think I should have said "yes". Has anyone figured out the implications of this decision, and how to change it?

Reactions: jay2020 and CLAYB.7
I've taken the plunge and installed the update. Seems to be working fine for me and my Mini 2. But when I did the install it asked something about whether I wanted my photos shared between the app and my phone photo album, and I said "no". I'm starting to think I should have said "yes". Has anyone figured out the implications of this decision, and how to change it?
Yeah Brother I seen the same thing that you are referring to and I said yes to it and to come to find out it is basically putting all of your pictures and videos from your phone or tablet that is on there from your Mavic Mini 2 flight it put them on the DJI FLY APP ""ALBUM"" and I would think that you could probably go in there and change it and from what I have seen it makes it a lot easier than before to go through your pictures and videos to edit and or send them to your friends and or social media ect. God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Now I just need to figure out how to change that setting from "N" to "Y". Reinstalling the APK did not help.
Hey Brother I think that I might have just found it and what I did was I just started the DJI FLY APP by itself without the MINI 2 being on and when the DJI FLY APP first comes up "PICTURE OF THE BRIDGE" go into PROFILE and then you will see SETTINGS and go into it and I seen in there it gives you a choice of "SYNC FLIGHT DATA" I hope that this helps you out God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: RandyV
Hey Brother I think that I might have just found it and what I did was I just started the DJI FLY APP by itself without the MINI 2 being on and when the DJI FLY APP first comes up "PICTURE OF THE BRIDGE" go into PROFILE and then you will see SETTINGS and go into it and I seen in there it gives you a choice of "SYNC FLIGHT DATA" I hope that this helps you out God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
Thank you, but I don't think that is it. I have that setting on already, and I think it applies to the data (flight time, distance, etc.), not the photos.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Hey Brother I was also going to tell you to go into the DJI FLY APP and go into it all the way and hit the 3 dots on the top right corner and go into CAMERA and scroll down and make sure you have SYNC DOWNLOADED FILES TO PHONE ALBUM turned on as well let me know if this helps you out and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Hey Brother I was also going to tell you to go into the DJI FLY APP and go into it all the way and hit the 3 dots on the top right corner and go into CAMERA and scroll down and make sure you have SYNC DOWNLOADED FILES TO PHONE ALBUM turned on as well let me know if this helps you out and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.
I thought for sure this one would work, but it turns out I already had that set too. I tried turning it off and back on again, but still no. Very strange.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I thought for sure this one would work, but it turns out I already had that set too. I tried turning it off and back on again, but still no. Very strange.
Ok yeah Brother this is Absolutely a head scratcher I was going to ask you if you had updated again to the newest version of the DJI FLY APP UPDATE which they just did again for the fix for the compass problem that DJI FLY APP UPDATE VERSION. 1.4.12. had in the very beginning and now they have put a newer VERSION of the DJI FLY APP UPDATE VERSION (1.4.12) Build Number (1410) they just did this yesterday morning and I was thinking that maybe if you had not updated to the newest version that you could update to it and hopefully it will ask you that again in the beginning of the APP like it did before and this time hit YEEESSSS LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA and I have been talking with DJI SUPPORT on TWITTER about the APP issues and I'm going to ask them about this for you this morning because they asked me to charge my battery and they want me to do a flight test and a screen record and screen shot for the compass and the breathing function and color change of the front light and the battery % read out and the camera adjustment for YAW, PITCH, SPEED, ETC. because they are still receiving reports that some of the things mentioned are not functioning properly but I did tell them that the compass asked me to recalibrate it and I did and it has been working very well since doing it and the R.T.H. function is working well to so far and I am going to go back out and Fly and do some of the stuff they asked me to do and see what happens I'll let you know what they say about your issues Brother and we'll go from there and hopefully they will give me some good news on how to get you fixed up ok God Bless Brother ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Hello
Upgrage is proposed when I start App on mobile, it dowload it, is start to install and systématicaly failed around 80/90% (?).
Rebooting mobile (Samsung S7 andriod updated for this model) do not resolve, connecting to Controller or not neither.
Any suggestion ?
I think this happens already before (long time ago) but do not remember how resolve it.
Regards
(Belgium)

Hello
Upgrage is proposed when I start App on mobile, it dowload it, is start to install and systématicaly failed around 80/90% (?).
Rebooting mobile (Samsung S7 andriod updated for this model) do not resolve, connecting to Controller or not neither.
Any suggestion ?
I think this happens already before (long time ago) but do not remember how resolve it.
Regards
(Belgium)
Updated on my Huawei Pad and was in the air for 20min, testing everything. All works fine, I'm happy.
Upgraded manually.

I won't be able to test it till Sunday or Monday but we will see. I still get one blank screen restart on the DJI Fly app once per mission but I just release the sticks and hover till it comes back on after 6-10 seconds but those are long seconds and maybe this update will fix it...

Is the DJI Fly app update only available from the DJI website? I see nothing about it in the Google Play store. FWIW, I'm flying normally, so...

Reactions: New England Droning

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK