DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI FPV drone on the way!

from what said the owner of the channel that did the unboxing
he said on the video that the drone have a power bank, in fact that is the goggles battery
there is a new fly stabilization system so no fear for typical fpv crashes but the acro capabilities are available
top speed 90km/h
the firmware is not available yet so it cant fly
release date 2.03

on the other hand, there is no way to fly it with the phone, looks like goggles only

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see what happens when it crashes and parts start breaking. Most FPV drones are basically made to break and be easily fixable in the field or at home. The new DJI drone looks like a flying brick

Obstacle avoidance, RTH, etc etc.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Obstacle avoidance, RTH, etc etc.
That doesn't address how easy it will be to repair compared to others out there. I guess will just have to wait and see

Like most of us here I'm looking forward to seeing what this hybrid system will bring. I have a question for the forum mods & admins that always enters my brain when I think about it.

Will there be a section for the new drone on this here Mavic forum? Or do you anticipate most of the discussion related to it will be on the FPV sister forum? Or is it just too early to know?

Seems like kind of a minor identity crisis, but a good one.

Like most of us here I'm looking forward to seeing what this hybrid system will bring. I have a question for the forum mods & admins that always enters my brain when I think about it.

Will there be a section for the new drone on this here Mavic forum? Or do you anticipate most of the discussion related to it will be on the FPV sister forum? Or is it just too early to know?

Seems like kind of a minor identity crisis, but a good one.
i know you didnt ask me but
imo there will be a little interest for this combo here
also i asume that on the fpv forum the hardcore fpv guys will not like it at all
and its totally understandable because its a hybrid and its not addressed to any of these two types of pilots
you may find some interest for this on these fb groups
DJI FPV Drone | Facebook
DJI FPV Goggles V2 & FPV Drone | Facebook

Last edited:
i know you didnt ask me but
imo there will be a little interest for this combo here
also i asume that on the fpv forum the hardcore fpv guys will not like it at all
and its totally understandable because its a hybrid and its not addressed to any of these two types of pilots
you may find some interest for this on these fb groups
DJI FPV Drone | Facebook
DJI FPV Goggles V2 & FPV Drone | Facebook

I don't do Facebook.

And I don't know for sure (how could I?) but I believe you might be wrong. No interest on here, and no interest on the FPV side either? That must mean Dji are plotting something diabolical, maybe a huge tax write-off for all the drones you think they're not going to sell! Absolutely brilliant, reverse marketing! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kilrah
you can have a fb account without being social, just to follow your interests, there are things you cant find elsewhere
if you will read this topic you will see how much interest is here
on the fpv side you can read also on this topic some opinions, none positive
same thing you will find in the comments on youtube videosto
this combo is targeted to the people that have some experience in "classic" fly and want to try some "raw" fpv fly without the fear of crashing and in better overall conditions
this product have pros and cons but lets see how it works and then we will know how it is
anyway, dji deserve our admiration for this bold and entirely new product, considering the new flying rules and the fact that they are on the entity list

Last edited:
Reactions: halifax
and its in stock :)

Attachments

• 152813760_1585100565212571_2610619908219232634_o.jpg
    152813760_1585100565212571_2610619908219232634_o.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 23
  • 153205437_2788676141344121_2238238878842540080_o.jpg
    153205437_2788676141344121_2238238878842540080_o.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: FASTFJR
you can have a fb account without being social, just to follow your interests, there are things you cant find elsewhere
That's not the point. "Following my interests" is how fb makes its money, selling your private info to anyone who wants it. Or have you not been following that whole story?
if you will read this topic you will see how much interest is here
on the fpv side you can read also on this topic some opinions, none positive
same thing you will find in the comments on youtube videosto
this combo is targeted to the people that have some experience in "classic" fly and want to try some "raw" fpv fly without the fear of crashing and in better overall conditions
this product have pros and cons but lets see how it works and then we will know how it is
anyway, dji deserve our admiration for this bold and entirely new product, considering the new flying rules and the fact that they are on the entity list
Well I see you've posted more than 30 replies on this thread alone. So you're obviously pretty interested, and good for you, thanks. Thumbswayup

My original post was to wonder how this hybrid might disrupt the categories that we currently use, on this forum and others. Assuming the product sells and proves to be a "successful market disruptor", that is.

Last edited:
fb will not sell anything from you if you dont put any datas in your account
it will not disrupt the market because its a niche product so it will not sell like candies or like mavic series :)
and dji knew that from start but they still develope it
and with that they show how creative they can be and shows also that even if they are by far the leader of the market they are still willing to invest in innovation
thats why i have more than 30 posts here, to give a warm welcome to this product
even if i dont know now if i will buy it or not

Last edited:
fb will not sell anything from you if you dont put any datas in your account
Not so. Just viewing stuff on fb is linked to your account and that data is captured and for sale. That, among other reasons, is why fb is not a place I would ever visit. However, this isn't about fb!
it will not disrupt the market because its a niche product so it will not sell like candies or like mavic series :)
You may well be correct. But it's possible to argue it's already disrupting the market by just existing.
and dji knew that from start but they still develope it
and with that they show how creative they can be and shows also that even if they are by far the leader of the market they are still willing to invest in innovation
thats why i have more than 30 posts here, to give a warm welcome to this product
even if i dont know now if i will buy it or not
We agree on that. From the point of view of hardcore FPV pilots (I'm not one, yet) I'll be very interested to see Joshua Bardwell's review of the whole system, when he gets Dji's approval to release one.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N