DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI FPV drone on the way!

That's exactly what I want one for.
I've been doing FPV for 18 years and have gone through the whole building your own rig more times than I can count, don't care for racing or ridicuolously fast freestyle moves, just some nice cinematic moves "in 3D" i.e with banks, climbs and dives and not just "flat" like you get on a Mavic, and most importantly with the best possible HD live view since I don't really make and release videos, just do it for the live feeling of flight.

I've done loads of that but with low quality analog links I've grown bored of and the usual ridiculously short flight time of the typical machine that works well with this. So this thing looks very appropriate for what I want to do.

says 60 MPH in link above which is 96 km/h
Found the answer to the speed question. 60mph in sport mode and 93 in manual mode. We were both correct in a way.

Found the answer to the speed question. 60mph in sport mode and 93 in manual mode. We were both correct in a way.

Hmm, I am just going off the Get FPV leak and it doesnt state what it would be in manual so you may be right as well.. I had previously heard 90 too.. be interesting when we get official stuff. Attached print out of that i had made before the link got taken down.

Flight Control Users of previous DJI drones can make an eortless transition to DJI FPV by ying it in “Normal” mode. This is a typical GPSassisted mode that’s easy to control and enables smooth ight. It’s also the most limited, with a maximum attitude angle of 25° and maximum ight speed of 15m/s (~33mph). Once mastered, users can switch to “Sport” mode to increase the maximum ight speed to 27m/s (~60mph) and double the ascent and descent rates. Sport mode will be a big step up for many pilots used to ying smaller DJI quadcopters.
For the deeply experienced pilot, DJI FPV has also included a “Manual” mode the disables most ight assists and hands direct control to the operator, just like a freestyle drone would have. This enables amazing maneuverability—but also carries considerable risk. So much so that Manual mode is disabled by default and must be enabled through the goggle menu. In addition, manual mode will still limit the maximum attitude of the craft and prevent craft’s full potential.
For freestyle ight, it’s best to have a throttle stick that does not recenter itself when you let go. DJI has provided a method to disable the automatic recentering on the radio controller by adjusting a screw at the back.

Attachments

• The DJI FPV System _ GetFPV Learn.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: SkyPath Studios
Slightly strange looking to me. Sort of the drone equivalent of a Honda Element except the back seats aren't removable, so far as we know. Has a very "Alien" (the film) vibe from the side and front.

I like it on both counts.

So, honest question once this is releases are we gona get a sub thread in here for it? I get this is mavics.... so probably not.. but the racing one of these is dead... and lets face it our group of people is gona be the ones buying this.

@dirkclod

So, honest question once this is releases are we gona get a sub thread in here for it? I get this is mavics.... so probably not.. but the racing one of these is dead... and lets face it our group of people is gona be the ones buying this.

@dirkclod
That I really don’t know only Clacky could answer that but our FPV
forum is far from dead. It was the racing drone forum but we changed it.

Reactions: Drone Master
The links at the bottom of the page still have a droneracing logo.

And I still think after all these years that making separate forums never made any sense at all.
Well I guess @clackey hadn't had a chance to change the emblem
and I would think after all these years you would see it does make
sense. Could you imagine all the post in the wrong sections.
Autel in DJI section and so on.

Reactions: Drone Master
That I really don’t know only Clacky could answer that but our FPV
forum is far from dead. It was the racing drone forum but we changed it.
Fair Dead was a poor word to choose, not as active would be better... But i guess that could change.

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks like bangood has the pre order up: Also has the specs.

Its a real shame its not the same sensor they have in the Mavic 2 (1 inch)
Going to rethink buying it

Last edited:
The original FPV goggles didn't come with a power supply so the user had to rig their own. Where's the v2 get its power? Did they make room inside the same goggle case for a battery?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoosiergsp