DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Dji go 4 app is up for android..

Watching this thread..

Has anyone encountered the DJI GO 4 App not connecting with their Mavic Pro on Android?

UPDATE: Problem was that the DJI GO 4 App did not want to play nice with the DJI GO App. I uninstalled the DJI GO App, restarted my phone, started up the DJI GO 4 App and all was well.
Well if you had to delete the regular DJI GO APP to get DJI GO 4 with the Mavic to connect..
The old GO app was simply set to be launched automatically by default for this device prevously, you just need to clear defaults on the old GO app so that you're again prompted for what to launch when the device is connected.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Does anyone know if we will be able to keep using the old dji go app? I've never had any issues with it at all, an i don't want to switch to the new one and have possible issues.

Nobody can know.
As long as you keep the current version and a copy of the APK to restore in case there's an update that removes Mavic support you can be OK for a while, but who knows when a new Mavic firmware might require the Go 4 app.

Go 4.0 app now out for iOS and working flawlessly so far on iPhone 7 with Mavic. Seems snappier and more responsive than previous Go app too. Well done DJI.

I am on an Android device, and am still patiently waiting for my Mavic Pro ( else I would test this myself)

In another thread I have seen that some flyers use:
  • Litchi
  • DJI Go
  • DJI Go 4
I now have all three apps and no drone ;-(
(Pre ordered 28 October from 3 different places)​

My question for those that have used these apps is what are the pros and Cons of the different apps.
Am I correct in assuming the following based on what I have seen on this forum so far

• DJI Go is the original app and there are some map issues for some users
  • DJI Go 4 is the replacement that is best suited to the Mavic Pro
  • Litchi gives the flying experience a different look and feel with easier control with tap to fly and mapping

What is your favorite app (with controller) to fly with and why?

In addition to the above, I use Hivemapper and sometimes DroneDeploy. It's nice that they all co-exist. Overall my favorite is Litchi due to the powerful Waypoints mode for shooting as well as Panorama mode.

Flew 3 batteries on the GO 4 app today with iPhone 6+. if you want all of your flight logs just Sync the app with DJI and they will download from their server. No problems with the new app, controls seem smoother and could not detect any video latency by eye from 2000' Radar works fine but the map still does not follow the bird :( other than that it is fine. Battery leak on iPhone 6 still there, 20% drain per full flight.

I use DJI Go 4 for my Mavic. But there are NO google maps. There are some pretty old dated maps. Anyone having the same issue?

In addition to the above, I use Hivemapper and sometimes DroneDeploy. It's nice that they all co-exist. Overall my favorite is Litchi due to the powerful Waypoints mode for shooting as well as Panorama mode.
Does Hivemapper work with the Mavic? I don't have mine yet so I cannot test

too bad, this guys have done a great job, a couple of months ago I tried to contact them but nothing, too bad, now it seems a parked project.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo