DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Go 4 update will not work with IOS 11

I updated the DJI Go 4 app yesterday. My iphone 6+ is on IOS 11.1. The newly updated app froze right before you get to the aircraft status page...I tried everything...clearing out memory...rebooting the phone...deleting and reloading the app...
I finally chatted with DJI support and they confirmed that they are working on a fix for this problem...so if you have IOS 11 or higher...don't update the Go 4 app yet.

I'm not having any problem with it on my iPhone 7 or iPod Air 2. Both have been upgraded to 11.02 and the newest version of DJI Go 4 is installed.

Are you actually on 11.1 or 11.0.1?
If you are on 11.1 it is still in Beta. I would avoid upgrading until the iOS version is released to everyone.

FWIW - I took an explicit backup first; iPhone 7 on latest pre-11 IOS. Confirmed I could use Go 4 with the magic before tinkering. Did the backup, sync and update to 11.0.3 and retested. No problems observed. app and phone hooked right up and was able to fly. If you do have a problem and need to back out you can restore the iPhone via your backup with iTunes.

I updated the DJI Go 4 app yesterday. My iphone 6+ is on IOS 11.1. The newly updated app froze right before you get to the aircraft status page...I tried everything...clearing out memory...rebooting the phone...deleting and reloading the app...
I finally chatted with DJI support and they confirmed that they are working on a fix for this problem...so if you have IOS 11 or higher...don't update the Go 4 app yet.

It is true, same problem, I finally dumped the entire phone and restored from the cloud,it took a couple days for everything but I’m happy to say I’m flying again... with the iOS update and the latest go 4 and firms.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.0.3 and the latest DJI GO 4. Flew my Mavic for 15 minutes yesterday morning, changed the battery and flew it again for almost 20 minutes. Happy to report it was flawless. Never had a single problem.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11.0.3 and the latest DJI GO 4. Flew my Mavic for 15 minutes yesterday morning, changed the battery and flew it again for almost 20 minutes. Happy to report it was flawless. Never had a single problem.

Ya that whole computer thing is fantastic when its working, but man what a bummer when ur the guy with the glitch! Good luck to all those still having problems

No issues with IOS 11.03 on IPad mini4 and Pro 10.5

How do you like flying with the 10.5 Pro? I have one being delivered this week. I fly a lot off my boat and my phone is hard to see in the daytime. I am hoping the the 10.5 helps.

I am also running app version 4.0.8 and am hesitant to update the app/firmware. Not real sure how to upload older versions of the app.

How do you like flying with the 10.5 Pro?
It's huge ;-) ... I mainly use the 10.5 pro when running Autopilot. Because GO4 is using more and more processing power lately, also the app crashes are gone.
The screen brightness in bright daylight is not so good as you might expect. It's similar to my other Apple devices. Therefore i recommend definitely the CrystalSky monitor.
Not real sure how to upload older versions of the app.
Look in this thread. There you will find videos with instructions.
How to rollback Mavic firmware

Hello. I'm very glad that someone had already started this discussion before me. The fact that there is a problem is 200%! I can tell you more! It is very difficult to understand what the problem is, in the next apple version or all the same in the program for managing the drones, since I have IOS 11.1 (I have a developer certificate) and also have a constant problem with the connection of my mavik. After a distance of 300 meters of direct visibility - the video begins to freeze, sometimes it's 2-3 seconds, and sometimes 15-30 seconds. In such situations, I'm very much afraid of losing it. But a couple of days ago there was such a warning .... Someone overdid it with updates (((

Attachments

• 569896F0-BA03-433C-80A1-AEBCBE016B4B.jpeg
    569896F0-BA03-433C-80A1-AEBCBE016B4B.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 22
It's huge ;-) ... I mainly use the 10.5 pro when running Autopilot. Because GO4 is using more and more processing power lately, also the app crashes are gone.
The screen brightness in bright daylight is not so good as you might expect. It's similar to my other Apple devices. Therefore i recommend definitely the CrystalSky monitor.

Look in this thread. There you will find videos with instructions.
How to rollback Mavic firmware

Jesus that seems like a PITA. I’ll just update. Thanks for linking tho.

I won't update either. I will buy a used iPhone 6s Plus to use as a dedicated device and roll back DJI Go app if necessary to maintain compatibility.

My iPhone 6+ failed...I got a replacement iPhone 6+S from Apple and the manual backup on my MacBook put and updated install on the DJI Mavic Software on the replacement phone. How can I, “Roll Back” the version of the software? I’m not a fan of the updated versions and a rollback option would be most welcomed - thx.

I have an iPhone 7 and my latest software - which I updated yesterday says 11.1.1. Go4 app looks the same but I haven't connected to the mavic yet.

My Ipad Mini 4 is still on 11.0.3. No issues on my last flights with Go 4.0.12 or Litchi 0.18.0. FW .700.

I just checked and the app is now updated to 4.0.17 and I connected and played around without flying for 5 minutes - seemed fine.

I know this is "non drone" , but do you also ride a 1600 GT?
I ride a K1600GTLE and for Work it is a R1200RTP.
I have had no problems with my iPad Mini running IOS 11.1.1
Apple just released IOS 11.1.2 today. It has fixes for the iPhone X

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR