DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 2 Owner - DJI Account & Refresh Care Setup?

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Thanks to Amazon.com.au massive discounted price drop today, I bought my first DJI drone, the Mini 2 Fly More bundle at AUD$848 which is AUD$100 discount off from RRP right now :)

I plan to buy the DJI Care Refresh 2yr plan separately from DJI Australia site Buy DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Mini 2) - DJI Store.

So the question is what is the exact order of steps to this setup?

1. Register an account with DJI and register my Mini 2's serial number with that account?
2. Then order DJI Care Refresh 2yr plan and input my Mini 2's serial number?

Am I missing any steps to do this correctly?

cheers

George

If you go to this page, you should get all your answers.

Cheers. Wasn't sure of the order of things. The DJI Refresh email says

To make sure that your aircraft can enjoy the flyaway replacement service, please enter [Profile] - [Device Management] in the app to bind your DJI account with the aircraft in advance, and also to bind the remote controller. The flyaway replacement service cannot be used if the flyaway aircraft was not bound with the account and remote controller, or if the account or remote controller was unbounded before the flyaway occurred.

Got it sorted out I think

1. ordered DJI Care Refresh and input my newly arrived DJI Mini serial number
2. install fly app and log into my DJI account I created
3. activate drone & bind controller

right order?

How do I verify if flyaway replacement service was correctly setup?

If you open your DJIFly app, you'll see a page in the settings section called something like 'About'. Just check that your email address is there, as well as the serial numbers of your drone and controller. I haven't used the app for a few months so I'm not 100% sure. Setting it all up is something you do once and then forget about. Until you crash...

Check this video out and compare it to what you've done. Youtube is your friend!

Reactions: eva2000
Thanks @Dronut Thumbswayup

seems some procedures might have changed since that video. I only had to activate from within DJI Fly app 1.6.6 and it seems to have automatically bound my DJI account to both my drone and my controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki