DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some questions for anyone who has just got an Air 3 with ... or without, care refresh / binding etc.

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Basically I am asking these questions here because the drone will be new and you presumably had to activate it. I think the drone's model is irrelevant.

Qu 1) Is "binding" NOW an automatic part of the activation process?
Qu 2) What appears in the device management section of profile? If by any chance you post screen captures please mask email and serial number details.
By "binding" I mean
a) the association of the drone with the DJI account that activated the drone AND
b) the association of the controller with the drone
which might result in the drone being unusable if logged into a different DJI account and the controller being unusable with another drone plus the drone being unusable with another controller.

Qu3) was the purchase of care refresh compulsory?

Thanks.

1, The controller will come to you "bound" to the aircraft and all you will need to do is activate the aircraft which will then be linked to the DJI account. You may connect any compatible controller with any aircraft. You just need to relink the two when changing.

2. Aircraft airtime/mileage, aircraft serial number, CURRENT controller serial number and Refresh information (active/inactive).

3. Absolutely not!

1, The controller will come to you "bound" to the aircraft and all you will need to do is activate the aircraft which will then be linked to the DJI account. You may connect any compatible controller with any aircraft. You just need to relink the two when changing.
Unless something has changed recently with the Air 3, the drone and the remote controller do not come to you "bound." Binding is a step the pilot will need to do manually after activation. I believe the remote controller comes paired with the drone so when you power them up, the equipment won't automatically try to connect to a different drone but instead will find your drone without you having to kick off the pairing process.

2. Aircraft airtime/mileage, aircraft serial number, CURRENT controller serial number and Refresh information (active/inactive).

3. Absolutely not!
Thanks but regarding "1," I think your " "bound" " refers the control linkage rather than the binding I mean.

the most important thing to remember, when you have your drone bound to your Account is that if you sell it ,then it will not fly for a third party ,unless you unbind before you pass it on ,its an added security safegard ,and of course it also means that if it is lost, then anyone finding it ,will not be able to fly it either
it has nothing to do with pairing the RC to the drone

Thanks but regarding "1," I think your " "bound" " refers the control linkage rather than the binding I mean.
I believe you are correct. DJI did change their vernacular a year or so ago right around the time they started the streamlined activation system. 👍

I have just bought a new Mini3pro i had a lot of help from JockyB we Activated drone put put e mails and other stuff
in then you now bound to Account ,,then it asked if i wanted Care refresh ,
i did look at it it said buy it now but did not give out a price
i have not bought it.

The purchase of care refresh was not compulsary

the controller is not bound to drone till you start activating it

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads