DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 3 Pro update and DJI fly update

A person with both hands and head occupied makes for an easier victim than one who may be 100% situationally aware with both hands free. Have you been to Chicago recently?????

I'll begin worrying about it when I read about the first documented case of a drone pilot having their phone or tablet stolen during a flight.

Reactions: Torque
I'll begin worrying about it when I read about the first documented case of a drone pilot having their phone or tablet stolen during a flight.
Its only a matter of how long it will take for it to happen. And perhaps it isn’t someone who wants you cell phone but a drone hater just looking for a confrontation. Someone who goes to that much trouble probably isn’t looking for just a conversation. Trust me. It WILL happen. Probably not in great numbers but we live in an angry society and it WILL happen. Let’s see when the tracking software becomes available to the public.

• Haha
at this moment in time the RID is not actually active, the update just puts the firmware in the drone ,to enable it to be activated ,as and when governments decide to bring it on line
I checked my air data flying my mini 3 pro and it did read my remote id stating that was functional and ok

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    215.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Menthol
at this moment in time the RID is not actually active, the update just puts the firmware in the drone ,to enable it to be activated ,as and when governments decide to bring it on line
This was released yesterday at YouTube.

So presumably this update puts things in place, but in the future there will be some mechanism to activate it. I wonder if there will be an automatic mechanism which determines if you stayed at 249g and under. I can't imagine they would leave that up to the drone operator . . .
Remote id is activated on the mini 3, air 2s, and all mavic 3's.

With the new update does it actually turn on RID, or just make it compatible eg in case you're using the extended battery? One of the reasons I like the Mini 3 Pro is it's not supposed to be subject to RID with the standard battery, correct?
No. There is more than weight which determines RID in the U.S. If it is used for Part 107, it must have RID. Part of the RID specifications is that the system MUST be checked before and during flight. That is what the notification is about.

No. There is more than weight which determines RID in the U.S. If it is used for Part 107, it must have RID. Part of the RID specifications is that the system MUST be checked before and during flight. That is what the notification is about.
Part 107 is not the issue

I wonder if DJI is going to release an update to GO4 that will activate RID, or are "legacy drones" not equipped to transmit RID even should there be updates?

Will the Mini 2 also transmit RID, or were those produced without the ability to transmit?

What does this mean? I'm a recreational flyer using only the standard batteries. RID is activated? The screenshot says 'Pilot RID not sent'.
He disabled it for security purposes. RID is activated bro. Fired up your UAS engine, you don't have to fly it, open your phone or table network connections and after 30 seconds you will see the remote id. Press and hold where is says RID, and the whole number will show.

I wonder if DJI is going to release an update to GO4 that will activate RID, or are "legacy drones" not equipped to transmit RID even should there be updates?

Will the Mini 2 also transmit RID, or were those produced without the ability to transmit?
At this time, nothing older than the Air 2S will have RID. All others that need it will have to have add-on modules.
Find your aircraft Declaration of Compliance

Reactions: RogerDH
He disabled it for security purposes. RID is activated bro. Fired up your UAS engine, you don't have to fly it, open your phone or table network connections and after 30 seconds you will see the remote id. Press and hold where is says RID, and the whole number will show.
Are you meaning look for available wifi connections? My mini3 appears as a wifi access point when I do a scan for available wifi connection points with my mobile phone, but there's no option to "press and hold where it says RID". It shows up with the name I've given it in the fly app (in Wi-Fi Name) and I can change this to be whatever I want.

I tried the Drone Scanner app by Dronetag (on android) and it didn't detect my mini3.

A thought: If you don't register your drone, then the ID can't be traced to you, and if you fly with a device that doesn't have GPS, then neither can the RC location.

A thought: If you don't register your drone, then the ID can't be traced to you, and if you fly with a device that doesn't have GPS, then neither can the RC location.
The drone HP is recorded and marked. It is also transmitted. Most people aren't going to move far from the HP after launch.

Are you meaning look for available wifi connections? My mini3 appears as a wifi access point when I do a scan for available wifi connection points with my mobile phone, but there's no option to "press and hold where it says RID". It shows up with the name I've given it in the fly app (in Wi-Fi Name) and I can change this to be whatever I want.

I tried the Drone Scanner app by Dronetag (on android) and it didn't detect my mini3.
Fire up the engines and you will see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851